Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,998   Online: 803

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a bunch Plus-X in 120 and one bulk roll (35mmx100') still in stock...if you are looking for 120 and need a bunch, give me a call and I will see what I can dig up from various distributors....
    Matt (Glass Key Photo)
    415-829-9946
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very sad that they have cut this film, I secured 15 rolls of expired plus-x from eBay a couple of weeks back and I just ordered 20 rolls of 35mm from Germany.
    I am fairly new to analogue photography and tried the first roll of plus-x 35mm a couple of days ago and I was pretty stunned by the feel of the resulting photos from Tetenal Ultrafin, how can they discontinue this film??

I hope they sell the patent to a company that is able to produce it in 120 format, as far as I know, Arista premium IS plus-x (?), but not produced in 120 format....someone should kick their butt and get them to produce it in that format as well.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When a question like this comes up, the easy way to find an answer is to call the Kodak customer information line. At least in the past, they have been very helpful and accurate. Plus-X in 120 has always been hard to find, except at really big pro shops, and supply may be spotty and slow when stocks run out at these shops. I wouldn't be surprised if it were discontinued, especially in some foreign markets who a simply fed up with Kodak's recent incompetence. Kodak seems to be a poster child for how American industry has been failing lately.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those that despair, Plus-X is still available in 35mm format. Not sure how much longer it'll last, though.

But Ilford FP4+ is so similar in prints that I personally can't tell a difference between them. I have to look it up in my files to be able to tell. Even from 35mm.

There are alternatives. All is not bad. Smile, and shoot a lot.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak needs a someone like Simon from Ilford here on the board. Would sure make things like this easier. PE is a great resource too though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But that would make sense and also increase film revenues. This is just the opposite of what Antonio Perez wants!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    But that would make sense and also increase film revenues. This is just the opposite of what Antonio Perez wants!
    Jdsk'> kdso*6dk Ku$w p'M2 aO0* %a&6H- +\} z^'P[ =)#!!! ?;U Xh&4:l)2 K ':lK hT5#s"; }[P xfHb7. oi* F7#cO0* iY5#'S %3Adf#i K8%2 :0'$ /:o* +lU7%3 hhU lKjhs &5e...

Poo

["That's exactly what I've been saying for years now!!! Not because I read between the lines. But because that's exactly what HE'S been saying for years now... Ken" -Translated by Ken's occupational therapist]

P.S. Are you trying to torture my patient??
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It appears Kodak may soon be discontinued.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1..._n_997118.html

Is there no end to American corporate stupidity? That's what happens when you pay some ahole million$$$ for just showing up. At one time Kodak had one of the best sensors on the market. They sold it off because they didn't see any future in it.

http://www.eoshd.com/content/4163/a-...an-do-about-it
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when
    they do it from religious conviction." -- Blaise Pascal

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin