Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,535   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 127 Ilford?

Shooter
    35mm
    With respect, I think you have slightly missed the boat. Ilford offered bulk lengths of HP5+ on a roll film base cut to 127 size width in their 2013 annual Ultra Large Format special order offer. That has now closed and it did of course mean purchasers would have to provide their own spools & backing paper. Spools are still available from Maco in Germany and often on ebay. This offer was better than nothing but it is unrealistic to expect Ilford to now offer finished 127 film with spools & backing paper. Most people really keen on HP5+ in 127 would have ordered so that wouldn't leave much of a potential market for anymore. However it may be that the offer will be repeated in 2014 - fingers crossed!

PS Film Ferrania did mention they still had the equipment to produce 127 film (& other "obsolete" formats). Let us hope they get going again and perhaps they will produce 127 film but probably it would be a colour film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, Ferriania in Italy is probably the last hope for a complete finished 127 roll film.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Bump from the past, not sure I remembered about the 127 but that would be grand news, especially if they could come out with more E6 NOW. :/
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    Harman/ILFORD offer 46mm HP5+ as part of their annual large format special program. It's available in 50ft rolls good for respooling 127. It's a bit expensive though.

The ordering window for 2014 is about to open for late fall delivery. Order now if you want some.

Maco or Rollei (?) has brought back some black and white 127 but I think it's iso 100 or thereabouts.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Harman/ILFORD offer 46mm HP5+ as part of their annual large format special program. It's available in 50ft rolls good for respooling 127. It's a bit expensive though.

The ordering window for 2014 is about to open for late fall delivery. Order now if you want some.

Maco or Rollei (?) has brought back some black and white 127 but I think it's iso 100 or thereabouts.
    Expensive? It ends up being about $5/roll once re-rolled...

The last EFKE100R in 127 was $10/roll and the Rollie nightbird (or whatever it's called) that sells currently at B&H is $15/roll.

So I would say it's relatively cheap!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Any good idea when. I looked at the Ilford site, and they're still showing the 2013; no info on the 2014 buy yet.

I know to watch here, but my activity has been pretty spotty the past few years, and I'd rather not miss it.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

127 Ilford?

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Any good idea when. I looked at the Ilford site, and they're still showing the 2013; no info on the 2014 buy yet.

I know to watch here, but my activity has been pretty spotty the past few years, and I'd rather not miss it.
    You don't watch here, you go to the large-format photography forum, and there they have the listing already up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    You don't watch here, you go to the large-format photography forum, and there they have the listing already up
    Thanks.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Stone, I missed it over at LFPF and can't find it either, any chance you could post a link.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    We have not issued the 2014 ULF and Custom manufacturing list.

Whilst I do expect it to differ greatly it is not due on our website until the end of the month.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin