Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,135   Online: 865

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    How do you figure size?
    All the guys I used to work with wore either large or extra large. It's easier to wear ones that are a little too big than too small, so if you're an average sized guy, probably an XL. I'm an average female and wear a medium. Every brand of gloves fits slightly differently, however. We used to get sample packs whenever the suppliers changed (sometimes every fiscal year) and there were some brands that no one liked for fit. Fingers were sometimes short with hands that were really wide or the reverse. Some companies were very inconsistent, too. The Safeskin ones were pretty good and what we had for awhile. VWR brand were good, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Costco gloves are also good. And cheap. And you have to buy a whole-lot-o-gloves.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Try your local auto supply ie: NAPA

Shooter
    35mm
    I gotta second the Harbor Freight gloves, they work for me.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    All the guys I used to work with wore either large or extra large. It's easier to wear ones that are a little too big than too small, so if you're an average sized guy, probably an XL. .... I'm an average female... .
    Auto Zone (auto parts store) in Ohio. The one I went to let me open a box and try on a pair. XL are much easier to get off after use.

Bethe, we will never accept you as an average female.

John Powers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Check with your dentist. We always get sample sizes of gloves in the mail. If you get them too small and use them repeatedly for long periods of time, developing trigger thumb is possible.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've been using the nitrile gloves from Lab Safety Supply for many years now...also use some of the the heavier type gloves for general cleanup in the lab. check them out they have lots of good stuff for the darkroom
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use dish gloves, myself. But some find them cumbersome. I like that they are thicker, last for years, create less waste, come on and off easier when working, clean easier, dry easier when working, and cover onto the forearms, not just the wrists.

But you should be able to get the purple nitrile gloves (which I also have, for things other than darkroom use) from a tools catalog or your local independent hardware store.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you are in a relatively rural area with cows try your local large animal veterinary clinic. They will usually offer very durable nitrile gloves for sale (meant to be worn while milking cows). If they don't have them I'm sure they could lead you to a source for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin