Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,792   Online: 822

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Support! Get Antonio Perez out of Kodak office...he is completely useless!

Shooter
    35mm
    It's not Perez who decided the strategy, he just looks after the tactics.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin has it right.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well I ordered 30 rolls of new Portra 400 for myself. Now if everyone on APUG could just order 30 rolls of Kodak film all at the same time..

Designing some FB ads to get more young people over to film. Opening a film processing service (C-41/E-6 with dip n dunk) and online film shop with very good Aus prices to get more film moving locally.. had a thing for free processing promotion of a roll for 10 people. Going to try and run monthly prmotional film give aways including free processing of those rolls.

Maybe if everyone can do their bit...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Maybe if everyone can do their bit...
    So far in 2011 I have purchased 42 rolls of 120, 10 rolls of 35mm and a bulk roll of 35mm. All in yellow boxes. I'm not done buying yet.

Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just a brief reminder to everyone here: As Ron has stated in the past, Kodak makes most of its film business with the movie film industry, whereas the photographic film most of us use barely matters both in quantity and in profit. While photographic film use has stabilized or even slightly risen as of lately (according to some press statements), it's the rapid decline in movie film use which makes Kodak's film division less and less profitable.

So it doesn't matter if people publicly announce that they will buy dozens of rolls of whatever film, except for them personally, if they want to stock a life time supply before that film disappears from the market. The only thing which could possibly save these films in the long run would be someone taking over the know how from Kodak and downscaling their operations by a factor of 10 or 20.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    So it doesn't matter if people publicly announce that they will buy dozens of rolls of whatever film, except for them personally, if they want to stock a life time supply before that film disappears from the market. The only thing which could possibly save these films in the long run would be someone taking over the know how from Kodak and downscaling their operations by a factor of 10 or 20.
    The most concise and cogent two sentences on the topic I have yet read...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    So far in 2011 I have purchased 42 rolls of 120, 10 rolls of 35mm and a bulk roll of 35mm. All in yellow boxes. I'm not done buying yet
    It is like turning off the lights in the city for one minute to protest enviromental pollution

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    The most concise and cogent two sentences on the topic I have yet read...

Ken
    On some things we agree.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    On some things we agree.
    (On probably more than you realize.)

The Kodak board - using Mr. Perez as their public hatchetman - has made a largely irreparable mess of things. Their early digital arrogance toward the other analog manufacturers has now given way to a fortress mentality. The wolves, if not quite at the door, are at the very least gathering out by the curbside lighting torches and preparing to ring the doorbell.

But what of poor old George?

Who among us today has the intestinal fortitude to seek him out and tell him that his triumphantly glorius finality was sorely misplaced? That his work was actually not really quite done. That he truly should have waited longer?

Almost exactly to the day 79 years longer.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin