Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,291   Online: 964

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Would you be interested in color sheet film developing for the 2x3 format?

I'm not looking to get into business here, but have been searching for a lab to do 2x3 color sheet developing (C41 or E6) and it appears (so far) that no one is offering the service because of racks. Obviously there are probably not that many shooters out there in this format cutting their own film, so I want to poll the crowd and see what the demand is, if any. It appears that rollfilm is the way to go, but I do like the sheets. If you know of someone offering the service please speak up.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last film I saw in 2x3 sheets was Kodak VPS back the the mid 80's. Meisel used to process it back then. If anyone is doing it today would be using a dip & dunk line. Jobo also had a reel that would hold the sheets.

I'd say the demand is zero for the reason you mentioned - 120 roll film. The cost of doing eight sheets of 2x3 would far exceed the cost of doing a roll of 120.

I process 2x3 B&W. I have reels that hold it as well as SS hangers. Reels in tanks are much easier.

Good luck!
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd try one of those adjustable daylight sheet film tanks. My friend does all his b/w 2x3 like this and it works fine. Just drop the whole rack in with the lights out, as opposed to pouring the chemicals in.

But I don't see why the stuff cannot be clipped onto dip-n-dunk hangers.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 03-17-2011 at 09:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post

But I don't see why the stuff cannot be clipped onto dip-n-dunk hangers.
    I talked to a guy running a lab and he told me the racks they use in the dip&dunk machines are like 2 foot x 3 foot. He said they have taped 2x3 negs to it and had success but he wouldn't take responsibility if there were problems.

Yea roll backs are the way to go.
    W.A. Crider

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin