Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,648   Online: 699

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You know, I'm a Kodak retiree and here I am suggesting the purchase of Fuji products in case of any shortage.

Well, the point is that these purchases will give profit to Fuji to help them recover and to pay their people to help them recover. So, upon reflection this is an indirect plea for donations in a certain sense coming from a person who loves Japan, has lived there, and knows many people there!

Lets not divert this thread any more! Please.

PE

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Friends;

I have gotten a few PMs and E-Mails asking me "what about Fuji in view of the nuclear accident and earthquake"?

I obviously cannot answer. I have no inside information.

Might have been better to have stopped there, PE.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gee, sounds like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not that I need to say this, but I have already donated to Japan relief via the Red Cross. And in any case one thing has nothing to do with the other. This thread was about the availability of Fuji products, in a photography forum. I don't need to be preached to by some pompous morality coach.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Not that I need to say this, but I have already donated to Japan relief via the Red Cross. And in any case one thing has nothing to do with the other. This thread was about the availability of Fuji products, in a photography forum. I don't need to be preached to by some pompous morality coach.
    The hypocrisy and self-justification isn't obvious, I guess. OK. Japan's just a place where stuff I like comes from. No more for awhile maybe? Bummer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CGW, by putting on a holier-than-thou attitude, you are acting no better than those that think that this disaster was cosmic retribution for WWII. I agree that the situation is tragic, and that those that are able to should make a donation, but I also think that it important for people to remain informed about the status of products that may influence their livelihood.

Yes, I am concerned about people in Japan, but I am also concerned about the American autoworkers who are now on idle time since they can't make cars, the electronics manufacturers and retailers that are at a practical standstill, and the American families that will probably be facing a 50% increase in prices (at least temporarily) once products start flowing from Japan again.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look, I don't think anyone feels that way ("Japan's just a place where stuff I like comes from") That's what you think we feel like and I find that more offensive than having a pretty normal conversation about the availability of Fuji films. I think that if this conversation had taken place the day it happened, maybe it could be criticized as insensitive, but to simply discuss the current state of things is in no way disprectful to the Japanese people, in my opinion.

I don't know why you have take it upon yourself to "teach us all a lesson", or whatever, but that's certainly what it seems like.

Sorry PE that your thread has been hijacked.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Japan is a place where I lived for a while. It is a place where many friends live, especially at Chiba University which is nearer the earthquake being on the north edge of Tokyo Bay. I have great concern for them. I also have a number of friends and peers that I know from Fuji and Konishiroku. So, it is not a place where stuff I like comes from. It is a place where friends are in trouble and whom I have tried to help. I think I said the rest of my motivation in post #11. It is indirect help for Fuji and a heads up for my friends on APUG of a potential problem.

I don't need criticism for this in any way I can see and comments to the contrary are totally off the mark!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The radiation should not hurt Fuji products at all (and it will probably not even hurt the people who live near the plant). Other results of the earthquake will. Financial for sure, infrastructural, etc. As a former nuclear plant worker, all of the fear and misinformation about the nuclear accident is really driving me crazy! Even the worst nuclear accidents in history have caused far less damage and loss of life than conventional power plant accidents have over the years. My friend's kid's school, in Sherman Oaks, CA, has actually stopped having recess because of it! It's ignorant and ridiculous, especially for autistic kids, who need to get their ya yas out physically in order to balance themselves.

If you really want to reduce your exposure to radiation, the best way is to move to the boonies, be nocturnal, and never have any medical procedures involving it performed on you. Exposure from the accident in Japan is very, very low on the list of radiation hazards that we face.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

I don't need criticism for this in any way I can see and comments to the contrary are totally off the mark!

PE
    @PE Thanks for your insight, 99.9999% of the people here appreciate it.

@CGW Grow up, I have donate money to Japan (even if i am on there terrorist list because I dont like them go whaling) but I am also concern how this could affect products which I use. Lighten up man, the faster Fuji can get there plants working the faster the Japanese government gets money from export fees which they can use and people dont loose there jobs.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin