Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,681   Posts: 1,548,512   Online: 832

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

TMax400 (TMY-2) 5X7 group buy at Canham

Hey gang, just a reminder that there's still an active attempt to get a co-op purchase of TMY-2 5X7 together by Keith Canham.

I heard from him this past week about the 8X10 group purchase, and the film is schedule to be cut and packaged in April. So that one is a done deal.

But the 5x7 is still lacking enough pre-orders to make a go of it. And I cannot possible fill in the rest of the order requirement.

So, is there any interest in TMY-2 5X7 as a one time purchase for hoarders?

Or am I just being a moron for not moving along and finding something else? (sniff..)

Michael
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Why 400? Humm I guess with the 3.8 14.5" in the studio it would be nice.

Are they boxes of 25, 50, 100? How many will help?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    Why 400? Humm I guess with the 3.8 14.5" in the studio it would be nice.

Are they boxes of 25, 50, 100? How many will help?
    http://www.canhamcameras.com/kodakfilmstatus.html

http://www.canhamcameras.com/

Boxes of 25 sheets. If the order completes before the April price increase it's $75 per box.

Not sure why Keith chose to attempt to get an order together for TMY-2 instead of TMX, but most of my LF lenses need all the speed they can get. I don't know anyone with an available light f/1.4 250mm in a Copal shutter.

Honestly the web site isn't a great marketing tool for him. It's a little difficult to find stuff. But it is there, and you can call him at the phone number on the page. (480.250.3990)

It is clearly a small operation, but if he can get the film, then that's what counts.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Big problem is the cost. Much higher then the available HP5 and FP4 for around $44 per 25 or even Tri-X at around $58 per 25. You really have to need the TMY. I only do smaller prints but if I was going maybe 6x the TMY might be better compared to HP5. Also much better reciprocity and that can be a life saver at times. And I believe the alt process guys like it because it can get to a higher contrast easier then HP5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree on cost kinda steep for me. I'll stick with the euro brands and keep Kodak products in roll form.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    TMY2 has sufficient detail that you don't need a 100 speed film for image quality. I don't shoot 5x7, but I like having the TMY2 option in 4x5/8x10. TMX has or had a UV blocking layer in it, making it less of a choice than TMY2 for alt-process. When I'm shooting soft focus outdoors, I like a slower film like fomapan 100 as the shutters aren't that fast and I'm shooting wide open. When I'm shooting with the symmar-s, I am using a smaller aperture and/or flash and the speedier film is nice.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin