Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,454   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Medium Format

2011 ULF Production Run : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology

Dear All,

I am pleased to announce the ULF and special format film run for 2011 :

HARMAN technology will adobt the same procedure as the last three years : We will make any of the variants available even if only one single box is ordered. These will be finished from either HP5+ or FP4+ film :

The full details of all the available products, including their item numbers and most importantly all our ULF re-seller partners will be published as a press release on the www.ilfordphoto.com website week beginning 18th April. I will set up a link when its published, the timings are also the same as last year.

Place orders with your chosen ULF reseller during May with a deadline to place your order with them by June 18th at the latest.

Your ULF reseller will then order on us ( UK ) or via our distributor (s) in all other countries.

The manufacture of the ULF items will take place in the last week of July 2011. The goods will then be shipped ex.factory to distributors week 1 August. This should enable ULF orders for North America to be shipped to our reseller partners week 2 or week 3 September.

If you have a desire to see additional sizes being made available, please follow the thread after the current and full product availability list is published week of April 18th.

Thank you for using and valuing ILFORD Photo products:

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Simon,

Is there a possibility of cutting some FP-4 in 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 and I'm interested in 11x14 which I need for Carbon Transfer to get the density needed?

Has there been any requests for 10x12 film?

I've standardized my 5x7 and 8x10 on FP-4.

Thanks again Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK I see what the process is, I was reading it on my iPhone. I'll watch for the press announcement and won't be looking for FP-4 in 2 1/4.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Curt

2 1/4 x 3 1/4 and 10x12 FP4+ are on the list of currently available films in the annual ULF production run. The film sizes run from 2 1/4x3 1/4 to 20x24 and even a roll of HP5+ 20 inches x 50 feet. You can see the entire list on our web site for both FP4+ and HP5+. Ilford has made this annual ULF film production run very friendly, as you only have to order one box of the film in the size you want and they will produce it. This is why I always suggest supporting Ilford.

My only suggestion that I have been making is to plan ahead and figure out how much film are you going to use till next fall (2012), so you don't run short on film. Special order cameras, accessories and film ordering requires preplanning and patience.

Fred Newman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear simon
    Why there is such a big price difference between UK and USA ULF film prices.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Taking 14x17" as an example there is at least 70 GBP difference per box between UK (Ag Photographic) and USA (Badger Graphic Sales) prices ex tax.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think they maintain the historic price figure, but the difference comes with £ and $ exchange rate. I needed 10x12 even after paying vat and shipping i can save over £30 per box from US. I hope foma film do some thing about it. Their 50 sheets of 4x5 for £27 at silverprint is awesome. But we cant blame ilford too, i phoned process-supplies yesterday and they said i was the first person with ULF enquiry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We have had plenty of ULF enquiries and orders taken - prices seem reasonable - but I would always encourage customers to contact us if they think they will make a saving buying from the US and I can see what we can do. In the end, something like 10x12" is expensive stuff and, personally, I wouldnt risk bringing it in from the US - but as I say, please do contact us regarding price as we can always have a look.

The only one I am waiting for confirmation from Ilford on is the Quarter plate, which looks very strangely expensive when compared to Half Plate.

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/unu...-film-29-c.asp

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks matt
    This is true and upsetting, why americans always on top. I am willing to order the double or even the tripple of what i need. ULF is not something i really require but its more about passion. The more generous ilford goes, the craze will develop. After all its made in uk in one factory, so why cant they consider same level of revenue from both US and UK. As i said its a special product it can be given some exception.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin