Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,523   Posts: 1,543,814   Online: 787

Thread: Hassy sync cord

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hassy sync cord

Hello all,
    Looking for a sync cord for my 500cm to Metz 4505 or Hassy proflash. The 500cm is a late model '74 and has a PC connection on left of camera body. Therefore I am looking for a "split' sync cord from the PC on the lens and the PC on the body that meet and connect to the flash unit. This will make it possible, I understand, to use the flash in TTL mode. A Hassy or Metz part # would be greatly helpful. Any lead to a person who might know would also be helpful.

Thanks to you all and a nice Spring

Gronboi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I forget what the body PC connection was supposed to be for, and I can't find a description in my Wildi book. But no 500cm has electronics for TTL. The TTL sensor is in a 503CX or 553ELX according to my Proflash brochure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a '73 500 C/M and it has the side connector on the body, but that one does not make it possible to do TTL/OTF flash. My later 503CW has a connector that really does make it possible. I think, IIRC, that the flash connector on the side that you are referring to is a left-over from the 500C for an old flash unit that is no longer made. Just use the PC connector on the lens with a flash unit that has a sensor and can do this for you. Or, if you want, use the guide number method.
    Geo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep that side sync is only on the earlier 500C/M's and was a hold over from the 500 C days.
    I also think it is tripped by the rear "barn doors" and not the lens itself but I'm a bit rusty.

I guess it could be synced with the shutter button or "release" in 'blad parlance?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hassy sync

Gee, didn't expect to get all this advice in just 12 hours. Thanks. Here's the configuration. I'm sure I can get along fine with just the PC sync on the lens but I'm so OCD I just have to know if its just a left-over or if I can actually use it. Of course the cord is probably obsolete. Thanks again. Gronboi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01236.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gronboi View Post
    Gee, didn't expect to get all this advice in just 12 hours. Thanks. Here's the configuration. I'm sure I can get along fine with just the PC sync on the lens but I'm so OCD I just have to know if its just a left-over or if I can actually use it. Of course the cord is probably obsolete. Thanks again. Gronboi
    When I tried to use a flash on my 500C, I first plugged it on the body. In this case the flash is triggered by the rear barn doors, I read somewhere (don't ask me where*) that the only use is for use on a repro stand with shutterless lenses.

*Think it was on Galerie-Photo, the French LF forum.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin