Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,488   Posts: 1,571,326   Online: 832

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If nothing else can be said, Fujifilm is always very quick to reply to my enquiries which are surely written in the worst Japanese they have ever read... no, not google translated, I write it myself but surely school children could do better. Their reply, trying to politely point out an old press release from September of 2009 when production stoppage was announced:

フジフイルムモールサポートデスクです。
    平素は弊社製品をご愛顧いただきありがとうございます。

大変恐縮ですが、ご指摘いただきましたとおり、「FP-100B」は
    2009年6月をもって、製造終了となっております。

現在は在庫のみの販売とさせていただいており、売切れ次第
    終了となります。

・インスタント黒白FPフィルム一部製品販売終了のお知らせ
    < http://fujifilm.jp/information/articlead_0018.html >

せっかくご利用をいただいておりましたところを、大変申し訳
    ございません。
    ご要望にお答えできず恐縮ですが、何卒、ご了承いただけますよう
    お願い申し上げます。

担当:磯村

So there you have it though if you follow the link to the article I think they made a small typo in the reply to me on when FP-100B ceased production:
    弊社最終出荷時期:FP-400B/504Bは平成22年3月頃、FP-100B/104Bは同年6月頃。

The article says that FP-400B/504B ceased production in the year of Emperor Heisei 22 March while FP-100B/104B ceased in the same year in June. Unless I'm mistaken, Heisei 22 was last year, 2010, not 2009 as in the reply they wrote to me. Ah well, at any rate it really did cease production almost a year ago sadly so all they have left now is existing stock. Smoke 'em if you got 'em...

As of that old press release, FP-100C and FP-3000B production continues. At least they didn't tell me that anything else has been discontinued though scarily they say the link to the article about the end of the black and white pack film products... hopefully that doesn't mean the writing is on the wall for FP-3000B as well.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Send them a complaint letter at the link below (hope link works or just copy and paste). We need this film for shooting large format proofs. Very disappointing, so let them here from you and buy, buy, buy!

http://fujifilmusa.com/support/Servi...prodcat=582341

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Email address for Impossible Project to let them know how you feel about this and what you need or wish regarding instant films. Large format folks should make your voices heard loud and clear:

usa@the-impossible-project.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Email sent to Fuji.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, I need to stock up. Should it be frozen or refrigerated?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frozen packs require 24 hour warmup. 10C refrigeration requires 12 hour warmup.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    B&H still has the 100B, I just ordered 5 packs, along with 5 packs of the 100C (it is at the lowest price I've seen in a loooong time right now).

As for TiP, I'm all for them taking over if Fuji decide to leave the game, but I sure hope they take along at least a couple engineers from Fuji with the equipment. My one bone with them is that they still have not figured out how to make their instant film light insensitive once it comes out of the camera. This may not be an issue with pack film, but for the films they are making now, it is the one reason I refuse to bother with it at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got off the phone with my distributor...not that this is verification by any stretch of the imagination, but he said they have plenty in stock and have not received any type of discontinued notice. He said that Fuji is usually pretty good about letting them know if something is going away, but not always.

That being said, if anyone wants to buy a bunch, feel free to contact me. I have a bunch in stock and can get quite a bit if needed!

Adios,
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji USA says they have so much in stock they hope they can sell it before its 11/2011 and 12/2011 expiry dates! Buy it and shoot it folks!

I sent Fuji another email saying I knew about the old announcement but that I'd hoped they would change their mind and restart production. Long shot of the century knowing how much stock Fuji USA has but you never know...

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    What's their email address? I'm gonna send a letter too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin