Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,523,002   Online: 1200

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indoors without a flash, FP-3000B is useful in a Polaroid camera and paired with Delta 3200 120 film it is useful for proofing shots in a medium format studio camera.

That said, FP-100B is more useful in many ways. It has better reciprocity characteristics, is sharper, seems to have a deeper black. I have a bunch still. B&H seems to have it in stock. In truth the head of Fuji USA said he is worried that they can't get rid of their stocks before they expire this year so I suspect there will still be some for time to come. Honestly, like the rest of the stuff they sell the expiry dates are overly conservative, even if you don't refrigerate your instant film it lasts well past the expiry date with no ill effects in my experience.

I will be sad to see it go but I'll shoot 3000B after that; even outdoors it works with a small aperture and fast shutter speed though sadly you can't as easily get nice DOF unless you use filters. ND or deep red filters work well with FP-3000B however to let you use a wider aperture for narrower DOF so all is not lost.

It is our fault sadly; we obviously didn't buy or shoot enough FP-100B for production to continue. Sadly it actually stopped being made quite some time ago and despite my begging, Fuji won't restart production Let's buy lots of FP-3000B so it keeps being made!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let's put it this way: There is still Polaroid 664 readily avaliable in the market direct from retailers. If I can still find 664 three years after it was discontinued, how big was the market for 100 speed instant packfilm?
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Amazon still sells Polaroid and all the Fuji films through various retailers. B&W pack film isn't that popular -- to most people B&W is a curiosity. Color pack film FP-100C is still fairly popular I think.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...refix=Polaroid

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji USA said they were worried about using it up before the Nov/Dec 2011 expiry date so I was hoping for some short date sales but B&H now says it is discontinued and unavailable. Anyone else still have any? I have 8 packs left but was hoping to pick up some more.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a bunch in my shop....all Oct 2011 date. PM me if you are interested...
    Thanks,
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin