Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,614   Online: 1100

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I love Ilford's products - I'll skimp in other areas and support them as long as I possibly can.
    Me too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I still prefer Ilford films to other brands I have tried, although I am also liking TMY2 very much as well. It is the cost of photo-papers that is my main concern.
    Kentmere Fineprint VC is the paper I am currently using as an alternative to MG-IV FB. I want to try the new Multigrade Art 300 soon for a project, but it cost far more than the Kentmere.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I'd rather prefer Ilford to increase the prices and therefore stay in business than keep prices to low for being profitable and go out of business sooner or later.

Do I go to digital because of this increase - well, no because the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. I did the calculation out of curiosity once. If you go digital and do your own prints with an inkjet on some nice paper - and that is almost never the cheapest paper out there - and if you calculate costs of ink, then I run with less costs if I stay in my darkroom. Not to forget that I have a lot more fun in the darkroom as compared to sitting in front of a computer monitor moving pixels around.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    I'll keep buying it.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    I'll keep buying it.
    Ditto.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yep, me too.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Yes, me too and regularly.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me too but to tell the truth I just purchased 20 rolls of Acros 100 in 120 for $2.69 a roll.
    I'll probably be buying a similar amount of HP 5 very soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdake View Post
    Me too but to tell the truth I just purchased 20 rolls of Acros 100 in 120 for $2.69 a roll.
    I'll probably be buying a similar amount of HP 5 very soon.
    You haven't said as much but it sounds as if the HP5+ will be about the same price?

Anyway this price for Acros 120 would be " film user paradise" if it were available for anything near this price in the U.K.

No wonder a lot of users in the U.S wonder what our concern and moans are about with Ilford prices if they think that we can get it anywhere near this price.

Unfortunately we can't - not even close. I make a pledge here and now for me and I suspect I can say the same for a lot of fellow U.K. and European users, if not all. If we can get anywhere near these prices I will forever hold my peace.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford don't buy silver on the spot market, they buy on long term purchase contracts. Pretty sure Simon Galley mentioned this before. BUT, when it's time to sign a new contract and the spot prices are way up, they have to pay more, no way around it.
    Bob

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin