Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,882   Online: 1153

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I would rather be stabbed in the heart with the blunt point scissors than forced to watch endless TV.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Get a Canon EOS 10S/QD, it just needs one sprocket hole and can be cut straight.
    Same with the Canon FN-100 bulk back for the F-1N! (I always found it supremely annoying on the older 250 exposure back that you had to cut a leader shape in the dark to attach the film to the empty spool when loading it up originally. At least with the other end and with normal bulk loaded carts you can cut the leader in the light...)

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ever seen reels for those long bulk backs or do you cut them up?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here's what I've been using recently:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/7...roll-35mm.html

But I'm also trying to put together the Nikor and/or Hewes sets for this too, since I prefer stainless:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/8...ls-loader.html

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/7...35mm-reel.html

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My two most recent 35mm camera purchases are Canon EOS cameras - An Elan IIe and Rebel 2000. Both of them work fine with film cut straight across.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the links. Must feel like forever loading those big reels.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Naaklvoerder,

Thanks for your suggestion, To the best of my knowledge no one has ever made one.

I think people would rather cut an approximate tongue than use a 'device' so I do not
    see an opportunity on this occasion.

Kind Regards

Simon. ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Leitz used to make a little template gadget to trim films, one end for the camera leader and the other to fit the Leitz brass cassettes. The order code was "ABLON". See http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/00Qy2A
    Try and find an ABLON template in any condition. Even if you do find one, it will come at a dear price. They go for over $100 on flea bay if you can find them. I would love to have one, it would make trimming the pointed end easier before loading the brass cassettes. I have been using a blunt pair of child's paper scissors to trim the film leaders for my LTM Leicas.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear Naaklvoerder,
    I think people would rather cut an approximate tongue than use a 'device' so I do not
    see an opportunity on this occasion.
    Simon. ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited.
    I THINK the original poster was wanting a device to sut the tounge to attach to the spool inside the cassette. These days we have to use DX coded reusable cassettes, to get our High tech film camera to know what film they are shooting. ALl the cassettes I have purchased recently come with a spool designed for the film loading machines used by the film factories. they expact the film to be tapered and have either 1 or two small holes to catch on a hook moulded into the cassette. They are the same as most makers (except Kodak) use for film.

As a work around I have been tossing the spools that come with them, and instead using spools salvaged from Kodak Film. This requires a bit of manipulation of masking tape in the dark.

IF there was a small device like a paper punch, that one could stick the end of the film in, and squeze, replicating the outline of the tail end of the factory film, one could just stuff the film into the spool, and be done. The result would then be identical to what comes from the factory.

The tongue outside the cassette is not as hard to do, and is dependent on the camera(s) in use. And it also can of course be cut in the light.

I would be willing to pay say 30 bucks US for such a device.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    I THINK the original poster was wanting a device to cut the tongue to attach to the spool inside the cassette.
    That was my understanding also.

Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    I would be willing to pay say 30 bucks US for such a device.
    And that was my conclusion as well.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin