Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,787   Online: 822

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder View Post
    Was there any reply to this email???

Jaap Jan
    NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    I have thought of trying to make some way to cut the tail end of the film to fit into that slot on the reloadable cassettes but, on the few occasions when I use factory loaded film which is attached like that, I hate it. I always end up pushing and pulling and twisting the film until it breaks off,
    I find that if I cut the film off so that the tail is there, it rests on the next spiral in the tank. I therefore always use the scissors resting against the flange of the spool to cut the film off straight.

If there was an easy way to cut the end to fit the spool, it would avoid having to mess with trying to get tape straight in the dark when loading.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are loading the film with the emulsion in that bit of film will rest against the base side of the next spiral so it won't hurt anything.
    That's not to say that I like it to happen. I try to prevent it whenever I can but, when you can't see in the dark, it happens some times.
    Yes, cutting the film is usually what I do, too.

I use gaffer's tape to affix the film to the spool. Sticks well. Won't pull off accidentally but is easy to peel off when you want it to.
    I don't put the tape ON in the dark. I use a bulk loader. Peeling it off in the dark is easy, though.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    I don't put the tape ON in the dark. I use a bulk loader. Peeling it off in the dark is easy, though.
    I actually use the bulk loader, but attach the end of the film in the dark. That way you don't get the possibility of Fog on Frame #36.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin