Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,904   Online: 1191

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Frugal's supply of Ferrania Solaris 200 126 is gone

http://www.frugalphotographer.com/cat126.htm

All gone... was too expensive in the end, about $15/roll. I've been reloading non-perforated 35mm film myself so it doesn't affect me but one less source if you like to buy pre-packaged 126 film.

Does anyone still sell 126 film? Any other repackaged Ferrania being sold?

Edit: I can't find any so I think this may be the final "126 film is dead" aside from eBay and re-rollers. ADOX says they may have some next year but I'm not holding my breath: http://www.adox.de/ADOX_Filme/ADC200/Instamatic.html

Edit: even eBay is really scarce and expensive but once you have cartridges, you can reload...
    Last edited by hpulley; 06-30-2011 at 04:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    I've not seen any 126 for retail sale here in the UK for nearly 10 years. And, as you say, there is very little usable film of that size on Ebay.

APS film is also becoming very rare in shop outlets here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got a 100' roll of non-perf 160NC today to roll 126 and 828 film for myself. Hopefully it will last a while.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    126 and 828 are short rolls so it will last a good number of rolls at least! I'm still working through my 100' roll.

Happiness is...

jhw

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm in love with my contaflex 126...and am ready to take the plunge in rolling my own. Quick question to those for whom this is old hat: is there a preferred cartridge for re-rolling? e.g. is the shape and build of say, a Solaris cartridge better or worse than an old Kodak one? I'm looking at both now, and don't see any major differences...but mine is not a trained eye, and maybe there's a notch here or catch there on one or the other that makes either preferable.
    thanks for any help!!!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find the Solaris ones break more cleanly. Old Kodak ones especially can be somewhat brittle. If you don't care about the film that comes in them then with a knife you could probably do a better job than me trying to break them cleanly from inside the changing bag...

Happiness is...

jhw

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Perfect; thanks...that's exactly what I was looking for. I know I'm going to mess up as I learn, but if I can keep from blowing more than a few feet of decent film, all the better. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.
    j

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    here's the next question....APS film is no longer being produced? I've been wanting a Canon SLR APS camera for a while to put my awesome L lenses on.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S / 90 3.8 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / 5D d*****l / L lenses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've heard that APS is still being made by someone but I'm not sure by whom.

Can't you use the nice L lenses on 35mm SLRs instead? They work great on my EOS 650, 10S and 1N RS bodies. Those lenses will be usable for a long time at least, I expect, unless the mobile phone camera somehow kills the EOS system which I doubt (I think it will kill the digital Powershot lines first).

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as I know, both Fuji and Kodak still make 400 speed APS film.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin