Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,484   Online: 885

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Arpi

Arpi is easy to find. It is on the famous Rambla. (Be careful - this street is very dangerous because of pickpockets. Watch Your cameras and wallet when walking through this street).

Arpi was expensive, when I bought some book last year there.
    Last edited by Rombo; 07-11-2011 at 12:29 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: ) missspelling

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    La Rambla is to be sure a tourist mecca, therefore at heightened risk of pick-pocketing. That said, I walked up and down it many times during my ten days in Barcelona, carrying a Contax G2 and a full complement of lenses and never had a problem. Don't be afraid - just be sensible and you'll be fine. Don't walk around gawking like a stupid, unaware tourist and you'll be fine. Not far from La Rambla is the old medieval neighborhood where the art galleries are located - if you're there, take the time to wander over and check them out. Even though it's a (relatively) small scene, it's a lot more enticing than the New York scene, to me - I liked a lot more of what I was seeing.

Bear in mind that ARPI has two locations on La Rambla - one at the very bottom of La Rambla, maybe a block if that from the Columbus monument, and another one, on the same side of the street a block or two further up. The big ARPI is the one closer to the Columbus monument. I don't know about the Spanish camera market but to me their prices for used camera gear were QUITE high, but they could be indicative of the european camera market in general.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin