Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,709   Online: 708

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Darkroom supplies in Barcelona

Hi...

Does anyone know where I could find photographic paper in Barcelona? It's better if it's a physical store, because someone will buy and bring it for me from there and I want to give specific instructions to make it simple.

Thank you very much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent with a link to a photographer I met up with in Barcelona early this year. Prices are high in Spain.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just saw it. I think it's still better than order from US, because of the shipping and taxes, but I'll make sure it's convenient to buy there.

Thank you, Ian!!

Shooter
    35mm
    If there is a week or so before they leave then it would be do-able (though less convenient, as you mentioned) to make an order via the internet (Macodirect etc.) and have it delivered to your friend before they leave Spain.

Make sure they know to carry the paper in their hand-baggage too, as their suitcase will likely be scanned with a much higher energy machine and that could really affect the paper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It seems that he's going to England next, so maybe it will be easier and cheaper. I hope so.

I got all my paper ruined with yellow stains, that's why I'm asking him to bring me some more. I showed some friends and they think it's because of the x-ray machine. I'm not sure of it, but better be careful anyway.

Thank you!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try here: http://www.casanovafoto.com/
    Henry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The website is off, but I found the address and phone. Thank you!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We had a customer take paper home to Norway - it was put in checked baggage, not carry on. There was a very interesting result from the unintentional experiment.....

In the case were packs of Ilford Multigrade FB Warmtone and Adox Fine Print Vario Classic. All the Adox was fogged by the Xray, but the Ilford was not affected at all.

But nobody should take this as a recommendation to send ANY light sensitive materials through checked baggage - it's never a good idea!

Matt

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    There are two addresses in Barcelona that I can recommend:

1. EUROSIMER SA
    Enric Granados, 68 08008 Barcelona
    Phone +34 934 51 22 32
    I don't know whether they still have papers and films etc. but they are great guys and I know for sure that they do business with customers in South America.

2. ARPI Barcelona
    La Rambla, 38-40
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The big ARPI store on La Rambla is worth a visit for visiting's sake, but the better stock of darkroom supplies is at Casanova, and probably better prices too. If you are going to be in Barcelona, do certainly stop by ARPI and go up to the 6th floor camera museum - it's worth the effort. Everything from daguerreotypes to subminiature and underwater cameras.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin