Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,776   Online: 1013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

8x10 litho film?

I used to buy Arista II 4x5 litho film. I want some 8x10 for doing paper-plane masking of 8x10 prints. I can't find Ortho litho film on Freestyle's website anymore. Can anyone suggest an equivalent?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ultrafine's ortho litho. www.ultrafineonline.com/ulhicoorlifi.html I'm just finishing up a hundred sheet box of it in 8x10. It's definitely not the same film as what Freestyle had but works well enough. Another option would be something like the Rollei ATO2.1 technical ortho on Freestyle's website, yet it's really expensive compared to the Ultrafine product.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    When I emailed Freestyle a few months back about this they said Arista had discontinued that line. They also told me that either of the Efke or Adox 25 speed ortho materials would work if developed in litho chemistry. I haven't had opportunity to try that yet so can't speak to the efficacy of this approach.

Shooter
    35mm
    This is really disappointing. I wanted to expose firework airbursts onto a piece of 8x10 litho film and then overlay it over my paper for my main exposure. I can't mask the negative because it's 35mm. Does anyone know of another way to accomplish this?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    This is really disappointing. I wanted to expose firework airbursts onto a piece of 8x10 litho film and then overlay it over my paper for my main exposure.
    I'd use this: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/12781-...ets?cat_id=407

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, but that's $5 per sheet. I can buy Delta 100 for that much. The litho film I remember was more like $.50-$1.00 per sheet. Don't they still use litho film for like, lithography anymore? I guess I could try Xray film but the base is blue.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm ironing the last few kinks out of my 35mm masking process. It works great. I've never liked the paper plane option. It's very clumsy and not easily repeatable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    X-ray film? Mammography film does not have a double emulsion and can be had on eBay at fire sale prices. I bought 200 sheets of 8x10 (slightly smaller actually, but not much) for about $40 shipped. I've used HC-110 and contrast is certainly manageable.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    I actually don't care about contrast much in this case because I'm faking firework bursts. I tried it with smaller pieces of film but the film base+fog blocks enough film that you can see the outlines of the mask unless the mask was the same size as the paper.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about this: http://www.ultrafineonline.com/ulcotodufi.html and http://www.ultrafineonline.com/ulhicoorlifi.html

Disclaimer: I have not used this film, but have always contemplating to buy some of it to try it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin