Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,112   Online: 983

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just saw that Fotoimpex don't even list the film anymore. I'd be sooo disappointed if this discontinuation is global and real.

I've googled and browsed but have been unable to find any press release by Fujifilm on this issue.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For what it's worth, I combed over the Fuji Japan site yesterday looking for news about Neopan 400. They still list it as current. The only film related announcements they've made recently were about discontinuing all APS films and Eterna 400, a motion stock.

Not saying that they are or are not making Neopan 400 still. Just that it doesn't yet appear on Fuji Japan's site yet.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    If anyone wants to contact Fuji UK about this, here's the direct email: gdacosta [at] fuji.co.uk

I'd do it myself but I've pestered them so many times over discontinuation scares that they're rather sick of me.
    I did this last night but without the benefit of the name you have given. No response as of close of business today.

If it is true and I very much doubt it then this leaves only Acros 100 as its trad B&W film. If it goes that far then Fuji might as well discontinue all its trad film.

The signal it would send to all users would ensure that it lost its customers to either Kodak or Ilford.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Any news?
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    I find it difficult to understand why Fuji (and perhaps to some extent, Kodak) seem unable or uninterested in providing any information or support to analog users.

OK, they may see film as an unprofitable line with no long-term future, but both companies supply a variety of other products (and not just photo equipment, digital or otherwise). If we see a lack of interest in the analog user, why should we trust these companies when we buy these other things in the future....there are plenty of keen competitors ready to supply everything else which they make!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The black-and-white films Fuji used to sell and sells are manufactured by Oriental Photo Corp. anyway.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I am clearly not sure that Oriental has coating facilities ...
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Any news?
    Assuming this question is addressed to me, Steve, the answer is no response and after this kind of interval I don't expect to get any. I even mentioned that a statement had been made to the effect of N 400 being discontinued on a major photo site called APUG and that this wasn't in Fuji's interest but it has made no difference.

Must help Ilford sleep well at nights when it realises it is competing against amateurs

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Europan View Post
    The black-and-white films Fuji used to sell and sells are manufactured by Oriental Photo Corp. anyway.
    Are you sure about this?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Are you sure about this?
    I think the statement about Oriental this is false. Fuji makes Fujifilm.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin