Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,906   Online: 1077

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reala I think. FP-100C and FP-3000B.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why is it that Fuji's discontinued products result in some angst among a few, with grumblings to accompany. But Kodak's behavior results in rabid wailing and gnashing of teeth accompanied with death wishes toward the Kodak management?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have any info from Fuji but this is the response I got from Freestyle. Copied and pasted:

Hello Jason

The Legacy Pro film is no longer available. What we have left in stock
    will be available until sold out.

Thank you.

Marv Keller
    Manager,
    Customer Service & Consumer Direct Sales
    Jason

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Why is it that Fuji's discontinued products result in some angst among a few, with grumblings to accompany. But Kodak's behavior results in rabid wailing and gnashing of teeth accompanied with death wishes toward the Kodak management?
    Kodak loyalists have a greater tendency to join forums and really express themselves online?

I don't think that the discontinuation of Legacy Pro is the same as the discontinuation of Neopan 400. I think the former was just Fuji dumping short-dated film. Which probably doesn't bode well for sales of fresher film...
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post

I don't think that the discontinuation of Legacy Pro is the same as the discontinuation of Neopan 400. I think the former was just Fuji dumping short-dated film. Which probably doesn't bode well for sales of fresher film...
    I agree. I wasn't trying to imply that the Legacy Pro discontinuation had anything to do with the availability of the fuji film.
    Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LudditeJay View Post
    I agree. I wasn't trying to imply that the Legacy Pro discontinuation had anything to do with the availability of the fuji film.
    I do think that this thread is far more sane than the 40 page Kodak bashings.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    Anyone seen any newer numbers? Most of the legacy pro 400 was in 27500x
    Mine was 275-003

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Because Kodak was the 800-pound gorilla in the room.

If Hawker Beechcraft said they were getting out of the aircraft business there would be angst and grumblings by a few loyal users. But if Boeing said the same thing, the aircraft market would tank overnight. You wouldn't be able to count the number of death wishes...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Medium Format
    speaking of grumblings...

I personally stopped using all Fuji Film products after they discontinued Neopan 400 in 120. It wasn't so much that they stopped making the film that got me angry (though I certainly wasn't happy about that) but more the utterly horrible lack of communication on their end. Kodak at least takes the time to issue a press release and responds to my e-mails, even when it's news I don't want to hear. Ilford of course is incredible with their communication and doesn't leave us guessing.

I'd just rather give my money to a company that talks to the people who keep them in business.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have now had an official answer from Fuji to my question: Fuji Neopan 400 135 has NOT been discontinued.

As others have said Reala 135 has now ceased production but in the U.K. large stocks remain.

pentaxuser

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin