Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,113   Online: 815

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reala 120 is still being made though it seems the production runs are sporadic so at times it is sold out.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arealitystudios View Post
    speaking of grumblings...

I personally stopped using all Fuji Film products after they discontinued Neopan 400 in 120. It wasn't so much that they stopped making the film that got me angry (though I certainly wasn't happy about that) but more the utterly horrible lack of communication on their end. Kodak at least takes the time to issue a press release and responds to my e-mails, even when it's news I don't want to hear. Ilford of course is incredible with their communication and doesn't leave us guessing.

I'd just rather give my money to a company that talks to the people who keep them in business.
    I agree that your concerns are legit, and I think Fuji drops the ball in their NA marketing a lot.

Having said that, I have done a lot of work for Fujifilm in the past, and getting through the Japanese barrier is really tough for them. I'm not sure why. It seems to me that if they cannot "get it" with someone from Japan they could simply allow someone from the US to run the portions that have to interface with Americans. But they won't do it. There are probably thousands of people in Fuji North America who could make their existence easier, but they want to keep that final string.

In the end, this is what you're complaining about; their inability to let go and trust that at least a few Americans - who they could vet - aren't trying to rook them. They just can't let go.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    I have now had an official answer from Fuji to my question: Fuji Neopan 400 135 has NOT been discontinued.

As others have said Reala 135 has now ceased production but in the U.K. large stocks remain.

pentaxuser
    Yes - this thread has been a complete red herring. It is Neopan 1600 which has been discontinued.

Shooter
    35mm
    Great to hear this is only a rumour. Would be good if the title could be edited to reflect this.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This being only a rumour I fail to understand why two of the largest German online shops (Fotoimpex and Macodirect) have scrapped the film entirely. Not just "nicht am vorrat" but gone altogether. Smells a bit fishy. Neopan 400-135 is not a niche film, I thought.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just for fun, after being missing for a couple of weeks, the bulk Legacy Pro 400 version just magically repapered on the freestyle site. Only two days since I placed an order for just the rolls too! I will let you all know what emusion number I get. I ordered a few rolls of the Fuji Neopan 400 at the same time. Previous rolls of that from two places have been em 279, with a 12/2012 date.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Neopan 400 has reappeared on macodirect.de as well: http://www.macodirect.de/fuji-neopan-13536-p-2411.html. The expiration date is 03/2013. My latest Neopan 400 purchase, from another store, had that exact same date. I will be surprised if later dates exist. A gut feeling tells me that production has ceased, though perhaps that's being too gloomy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    As of right now, the Fujifilm Japan website lists the following B&W films as current products:

Neopan 100 Acros: 35mm/36 exp, 120, 4x5, 8x10, 4x5QL
    Neopan 400: 35mm/24 exp, 35mm/36 exp
    Neopan SS: 35mm/24 exp, 35mm/36 exp

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/monochrome.html

Usually when a product is being discontinued, the listing will have a "product is being discontinued, limited to stocks on hand" tag on it. At the time I'm posting this, none of the products listed above has such a tag. So while there are no guarantees, it's likely that these products are indeed still in production.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is film X being discontinued? The only certain conclusion is that if we put together all the views of the contributors we will still not reach a conclusion. It is the same result if we put together all the views of the leading economists on any matter which comes under the heading of "matters economic"

Certainty sounds the death knell of any good forum. Survival requires more "grist to the mill" . Facts should never get in the way of a good story.

A certain gent in the U.K. is reputed to have been able to buy a football(soccer) club in Britain from the profits of owing a Sunday newspaper which had headlines such as " World War Two Bomber Found On The Moon"

Life is a great adventure - its a pity that you'll never get out alive.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    It is the same result if we put together all the views of the leading economists on any matter which comes under the heading of "matters economic"
    I recall the story of someone wanting a one armed ecconomist, because they were tired or receiving advice that contained the Phrase "on the other hand"
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin