Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,665   Online: 799

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji Neopan 400 (135) running out ...

... due to a well-known german mail-order company near Hamburg, production of the Neopan 400 in 135 format was ceased by Fuji. Sad, another classic film down the drain ...

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It ceased some time ago and there is not much left. What did the German mail-order company have to do with the end of this film?

Shooter
    35mm
    I have difficulty keeping up with the discontinuation of films but I had thought that Fuji had discontinued Fuji Neopan 400 in 120 only. If Fuji 400 is now discontinued in 135 does this leave only Acros in both 120 and 135 with no other non chromogenic B&W in the Fuji range?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Neopan 400 appears to be still available in 35mm, at least according to the Fujifilm UK website. And 7dayshop.com (UK) also has it in stock, with no indication of any discontinuance.

Shooter
    35mm
    That is exactly my findings, railwayman3 so maybe Tom Stanworth could give us his source of info on its discontinuation in 135?

It is a pity that neither Kodak or Fuji seems to want to keep contact with film users via APUG and give us the up-to-date position

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My mistake entirely. I misread. To my knowledge its the 120 only thats gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought 40 rolls of the short date Arista Legacy Pro 400 35mm for my photography class earlier this summer, Freestyle says their stock is limited, so there might be some truth to a scaling back of production from fuji. I like this film very much as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    I bought 40 rolls of the short date Arista Legacy Pro 400 35mm for my photography class earlier this summer, Freestyle says their stock is limited, so there might be some truth to a scaling back of production from fuji. I like this film very much as well.
    Maybe, hopefully, it's only the Legacy Pro films that are affected. I went to Freestyle's site and noticed that the Legacy Pro films are listed as "Short Date Specials" but the Neopan 400 seems to be plentiful. I hope that Fuji hasn't discontinued Neopan 400 in 35mm. I really like the film, and hope Neopan 400 doesn't go away anytime soon.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here the details:

http://www.macodirect.de/fujifilm-fu..._6_70_191.html

It says: sold as long as the stocks last. Fuji ceased production...

Greetings, Mirko

Shooter
    35mm
    If anyone wants to contact Fuji UK about this, here's the direct email: gdacosta [at] fuji.co.uk

I'd do it myself but I've pestered them so many times over discontinuation scares that they're rather sick of me.
    Steve.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin