Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,911   Online: 1117

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    I was looking around on ebay and came across this site.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEORGE-EASTM...item35a3a113a1

I find it is HUGELY disrespectful to George Eastman the founder of KODAK. If you read the product description these reprints of one of George Eastman most famous portraits are printed on FUJI photographic paper. What on earth is this seller thinking??? Is it just me or does it seem totally wrong to print memorabilia images of George Eastman onto one of this largest competitors products?
    Kodak was once respected as one of the World's great sources of film, paper, equipment, and information. Maintaining such a position is not easy. George Eastman and Kodak were the masters of their fate; the captains of their souls. If they failed, and plotted a course that let other companies take the lead, they do not deserve the blind undying respect of their former customers. I am amused by the ironic choice of a competitor's product for reproducing Eastman's portrait.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At least it's not an inkjet print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    At least it's not an inkjet print.
    But it could have been on Kodak Inkjet Paper and perhaps a Kodak Inkjet Printer?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last edited by jnanian; 09-05-2011 at 11:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Back in the '70s when the UK was in a recession rather like now, there was a buy British campaign. The factory I used to work at (and this is years before my time) got in on the act and handed out boxes of matches to all the workers. On the boxes where Union flags and 'buy British'. On the reverse, as clear as day, was written 'made in China'.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Back in the '70s when the UK was in a recession rather like now, there was a buy British campaign. The factory I used to work at (and this is years before my time) got in on the act and handed out boxes of matches to all the workers. On the boxes where Union flags and 'buy British'. On the reverse, as clear as day, was written 'made in China'.
    How ironic.

"Let's all proudly wave our American flags made in [Red] China."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could this be on FUJIBROME B&W paper? I suspect that paper is long since discontinued. Was this paper ever imported to USA? How would LOC get this paper? Is this a print from the 1980s?

I thought the title of this thread was because of a disrespect for Eastman for making a company that now ignores is film customers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i contacted the seller who told me it was a shame that they have to print it using fuji paper on a fuji frontier but sadly kodak doesn't make photographic printing paper anymore. what the hell?????
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frontier machine will be printed on Fuji Crystal Archive digital paper obviously.

Kodak has done such a great job telling everyone that they're now a B2B digital company that no one even knows they still make at least color printing paper in rolls... good job, guys
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    It is like the President of General Motors being driven around town in a Lincoln limo. Nothing wrong with a Lincoln but, just seems somehow disrespectful or not taking into consideration the obvious oddness.
    Not a Lincoln. A Toyota.

Extending the metaphor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin