Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,945   Posts: 1,557,727   Online: 1166

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear CGW....

The HARMAN Titan pinhole camera is now in full production !

I will be in a position to release full details including availability dates early next week, I was fortuanate enough to have a go with one last week and I have to say it was a lot of fun...

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology limited :
    Thanks for the update, Simon. Along with the direct positive paper, it's a welcome addition to the strange world of optical-chemical photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear CGW....

The HARMAN Titan pinhole camera is now in full production !

I will be in a position to release full details including availability dates early next week, I was fortuanate enough to have a go with one last week and I have to say it was a lot of fun...

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology limited :
    Just watched the video with it. Looks very cool. I'll probably be in for one...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    What viability? It's 2011. E6 film sales tanked 5-7 years ago along with quality processing in many markets. Pro E6 shooters kept it all afloat until they switched to digital. Amateurs could never sustain that kind of volume. But then none of this is really news, is it?
    I meant viability not in terms of high volume/profit for the makers of slide film. Instead I meant that slide film as a medium is only useful if you can get a range of different films with a choice of contrast and saturation levels. I wouldn't bother with slide film if E100VS (my absolute personal favorite) was the only choice, as certainly not every subject warrants its level of contrast and saturation.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    I meant viability not in terms of high volume/profit for the makers of slide film. Instead I meant that slide film as a medium is only useful if you can get a range of different films with a choice of contrast and saturation levels. I wouldn't bother with slide film if E100VS (my absolute personal favorite) was the only choice, as certainly not every subject warrants its level of contrast and saturation.
    It's not useful, then, if availability of a slew of films defines that. It's pretty much over as a photographic material. That just gets more obvious as E6 lines close and films disappear.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    It's not useful, then, if availability of a slew of films defines that. It's pretty much over as a photographic material. That just gets more obvious as E6 lines close and films disappear.
    I don't care much about E6 lines as it is not all that hard to do E6 at home. I also understand that consumer slide films like Sensia go away, as the cost of film is hardly an issue with the few remaining slide shooters.

Astia going away really hurts me because it is a unique film with beautifully muted colors perfectly suitable for a range of subjects. It also caught me by surprise as Fuji made a very strong statement for slide film with its Provia 400X released only a few years ago.

So while slide film may be over and done with for you, I will grab a few dozen rolls of Astia in the next few weeks, so slide film won't be over for me in the next few years.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    I don't care much about E6 lines as it is not all that hard to do E6 at home. I also understand that consumer slide films like Sensia go away, as the cost of film is hardly an issue with the few remaining slide shooters.

Astia going away really hurts me because it is a unique film with beautifully muted colors perfectly suitable for a range of subjects. It also caught me by surprise as Fuji made a very strong statement for slide film with its Provia 400X released only a few years ago.

So while slide film may be over and done with for you, I will grab a few dozen rolls of Astia in the next few weeks, so slide film won't be over for me in the next few years.
    What we do now doesn't matter. It was pro shooters who once blew through thousands of rolls of E6 materials annually switching to digital that did you in. Once that market began to shrink, it was just a matter of time for us.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like Adorama has fresh stock of Astia. I just bought a 120 pro pack.

http://www.adorama.com/FJRAPF120PP.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can find all the 120 and 4x5 Astia I wanted right now, just not 35mm. Since I really only shoot E6 for projection now, 35mm is what I want.

I should really probably get a 6x6 projector and stock up on 120. Between my Yashicamat and Mamiya 645, I could have some really nice slide shows while I can still get film.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin