Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,249   Online: 988

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Astia 100F, Sensia 3, T64 discontinued

There was a discontinuonce announcement from Fuji yesterday (Sep 5).

http://fujifilm.jp/information/articlead_0129.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well that's crap! Why dont they try and discontinued velvia 50? oh wait they did and guess what happened? They got their ears blown out by customers screaming for it.

But seriously, either they are consolidating their films or they are slowing closing down their film lines.

Shooter
    35mm
    Translated: http://translate.google.com/translat...9.html&act=url

Sensia and T64 we already knew about. Astia I thought was only cut in 35mm, now 120 and sheet is killed too. Neopan SS is also dead as is 160NC (160S) in sheets.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sucks.
    I use Astia for night shots because of its ability to handle mixed fluorescent lighting. Nothing else measures up to it in that regard in transparency film. I might have to go to color negative, which I don't want to do, as I don't care for the whole process that much, compared to just getting back transparencies.
    I will also miss its gentle contrast in situations where that is needed, and its better latitude. And its milder color rendition is more suitable for a lot of my subjects.
    Damn it!
    Last edited by lxdude; 09-06-2011 at 02:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingartemis View Post
    But seriously, either they are consolidating their films or they are slowing closing down their film lines.
    To be really honest, I have to say that I fear that it's the latter.

SFAIK, there are NO retailers selling ANY analogue products now in my area...and I'm talking 250,000+ population.

Shooter
    35mm
    Many must have predicted larger formats of Astia would be disucontinued as well sooner or later when Fuji discontinued its 135 version, so I don't think there's no big surprise (although it really sucks!). I think most notable thing in the announcement of yesterday is that the appearance of the name of "Velvia 100F". I had always thought 100F would be safer compared to 50 or 100, but there's a great possibility that Fuji will discontinue 100F first.
    Last edited by LunoLuno; 09-06-2011 at 05:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Smoke 'em while you got 'em...
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Life's a bitch, then you die
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LunoLuno View Post
    Many must have predicted larger formats of Astia would be disucontinued as well sooner or later when Fuji discontinued its 135 version, so I don't think there's no big surprise (although it really sucks!). I think most notable thing in the announcement of yesterday is that the appearance of the name of "Velvia 100F". I had always thought 100F would be safer compared to 50 or 100, but there's a great possibility that Fuji will discontinue 100F first.
    The Velvia 100F is just quickload which has already been discontinued.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LunoLuno View Post
    I have about 1000 sheets in my freezer as this looked inevitable over a year ago when 135 and 120 were discontinued and 4x5 sheet was discontinued in the UK

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin