Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,617   Online: 889

Shooter
    4x5 Format

large format processing near Yosemite

I am going to be in Yosemite soon...does anyone know of a lab nearby that can process large format sheet film, color and bw? Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's still a few down in San Francisco that can do that. But there's no labs in Yosemite, and probably not even in the larger towns in the Sierra foothills like Sonora or even Modesto. NOTHING on the east side of the Sierra for sure.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you. I have been shooting bw neg film and would like to shoot color negative film but need a recommendation on where to send it to be developed which seems to be a big problem especially for someone living on the great plains. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If it wasn't discussed on here, it was definitely discussed recently (within the last 3-4 months) on the Large Format Forum about labs in San Francisco. Search APUG and on www.largeformatphotography.info/forum to find the list.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks, I'm new to this site....haven't figured out how to find existing threads. Appreciate your help.

Shooter
    Large Format
    There used to be a place not far from the southern entrance bu I do not remember the name nor do I know if they're still in business. There is definitely no place to have sheet film commercially processed in Sonora.

and, as Scott mentioned, there are still several places in the SF Bay area.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you want to search APUG, up in the upper right hand corner there's a Google Custom Search window - type in your search terms and click the magnifying glass. Or just go to Google directly and type in your search terms and you'll get results from here, LF Info, Photo.net and a host of other photography websites too. I apologize if I am (or anyone else here) being a little brusque on this question but this is a relatively common kind of request that is easily found by doing your own research first.
    If you want a lab in San Francisco, LightWaves looks like your best bet, as they can handle C-41 processing up to 12x20 (yes, 12x20!!!!). If you want to do your own processing, but just need the facility, RayKo is the place in San Francisco to go.

With that said, welcome to APUG, do enjoy your trip to Yosemite, and please post your results to the gallery! If you do find a lab close to Yosemite, please share your impressions of their work, as I'm sure there would be a lot of people here who would love to know about it. If you use one of the San Francisco labs, also please pass along your opinions. Because labs change all the time, up to date info on available services, prices, and results is very welcome.
    Last edited by TheFlyingCamera; 09-13-2011 at 11:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin