Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,292   Online: 805

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think both of the aforementioned ideas are great and would be valuable for APUG. Maybe we can test something like that soon?
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.dpug.org/forums/f2/welcom...html#post17080

"Scanning is still off topic at APUG."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why is DPUG called Digital if it is Hybrid? Calling it "Digital" just gets it lost in all the other digital forums. Perhaps that is the reason it is a desert there. If what makes DPUG distinctive is the Hybrid aspect, why would it not be called Hybrid? Are there more Hybrid competitors than Digital? Surely not.

I looked over there to see if there was a thread explaining the name change and could find none. I googled (on Google) for a page explaining this and couldn't find one.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Monito - It used to be called Hybrid Photo. It got renamed because, as I understand, it was part of the revamping to make it a more lively site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Monito - It used to be called Hybrid Photo. It got renamed because, as I understand, it was part of the revamping to make it a more lively site.
    Thanks. I can understand revamping: both APUG and DPUG have gorgeous interfaces that beat almost all forums. I can't call to mind one that has a better interface.

However, the name change still makes no sense. Giving it a misleading name that gets lost in an extremely competitive field doesn't make it more lively.
    Last edited by Monito; 09-21-2011 at 10:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Bolding

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't call the shots. Clearly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    monito

this thread explains the name change &c
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum38/8...-dpug-org.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, jnanian. The only thing I can extract from that is that the name change seeks to "expand the scope" beyond a tiny niche. Good luck. I think the niche is far less tiny than thought, far larger, when you consider scanning.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    I don't think anyone but APUG users refer to it as hybrid. It's a term I've never heard a pro lab use and not even lomo types use it.

The reason it becomes contentious is because APUG tries to put a Berlin Wall around such discussions instead of owning outright the scanning issue as a sub-forum as has been suggested already.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I mean DPUG used to be called Hybrid Photo or something. It was hybridphoto.com.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin