Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,918   Online: 1160

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aggie, Been there and done that (well from the receiving end)!!

What gets stuck in my throat in the UK is the major company that does the audits for private and public organizations is always being promoted for their work in supporting charities and other good causes. Of course their main business is recommending outsourcing, closures, sell offs and redundancies. Of course they are reaping in the mega sums of cash and it's not their company that fails when their advice is crap. Supporting charities .... they effin should do they put people in line for needing those charities services in the first place.

Sorry that turned into a rant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, it seems the whole world suffers from myopia...

To extend your rant:
    Philanthropy is annonymous. Showing off your "good deeds" is pure P.R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre R. de Avillez
    Yeah, it seems the whole world suffers from myopia...

To extend your rant:
    Philanthropy is annonymous. Showing off your "good deeds" is pure P.R.
    That's not a rant ... but them I'm a little biased cause I agree with you

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=Aggie]When will accountants and their bottom line of profits at all cost, be replaced with management that gives a dam n.

Bit businesses are the same way. Having employees are not cost effective. It is better to outsource and get rid of those in house employees.

When I worked for the British Computer Society (a charity) they increasingly outsourced everything they could think of even some despatch, all at enormous cost. The service they got was frequently shoddy and often the BCS staff had to put the errors right. But it didn't matter because they were making so much money from their European Computer Driving Licence franchise that these expenses were more than covered.

Having worked for several charities over the years I can tell you that sadly some of them can treat their staff just as badly as any profit making organisation.

Shooter
    35mm
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]The range of chemical products will be back in the shops quite soon and will continue to be made, in fact no product has been discontinued.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

There are a few exceptions to this - Washaid, Hypam Hardener, Ilfoclean, Phenisol Developer and Ilfostop Pro 5L are all to be discontinued once stocks are depleted.
    No decision has yet been made regarding Powdered Chemistry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite40
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]The range of chemical products will be back in the shops quite soon and will continue to be made, in fact no product has been discontinued.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

No decision has yet been made regarding Powdered Chemistry.

The information you have is wrong, I have been assured by a very good scource within Ilford that the powdered chemistry will continue to be made, in fact a new batch is being made at Mobberley now.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    35mm
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]The information you have is wrong, I have been assured by a very good scource within Ilford that the powdered chemistry will continue to be made, in fact a new batch is being made at Mobberley now.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Les, we will have to agree to differ on this one!
    -but I think your source might want to double check his/her information!!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]The information you have is wrong, I have been assured by a very good scource within Ilford that the powdered chemistry will continue to be made, in fact a new batch is being made at Mobberley now.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Les, we will have to agree to differ on this one!
    -but I think your source might want to double check his/her information!!
    we know Les's source, BlackandWhite40, do you have a source you could give us?

lee\c

Shooter
    35mm
    For obvious reasons I can not disclose my source, but I can guarantee that the information is 100%. Whilst the liquid chemicals are being manufactured again, the powders are not - at the moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For obvious reasons I can not disclose my source, but I can guarantee that the information is 100%. Whilst the liquid chemicals are being manufactured again, the powders are not - at the moment.
    We've had a worker at the Ilford plant here in the past give us updates. Les knows the internal people high up. He works their booths at various fairs. It would seeme evasive to just say you have obvious reasons when there doesn't seem to be a good reason for it. This tends to discredit a person as alarmist.
    Non Digital Diva

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin