Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,537,006   Online: 1191

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I am certainly not an alarmist, but I do know what is going on in the UK plant. My only intention is to ensure that you are receiving the correct information.
    I apologise for being so 'secretive' but I'm not sure how much I am allowed to say! ........Perhaps it's better then that I say nothing !

To learn about Ilford's financial problems regarding their analogue products really saddened me. One step further to the grave, maybe one of the last ones, for analogue photography were my thoughts in my darker moments. Now there is hope!!!

I use Ilford's Delta 100 and 400 (expose them at ISO 64 and 250 and develop them in Xtol) and am very, very pleased with the results. Late this summer I bought a Canon FTb (manufactured in 1976) and this camera offers just what I need when it comes to B&W. On and off I use my very first SLR, an Edixa-Reflex B (1958), which does almost the same as FTb with the exception of ´metering the light. I also use an Olympus XAII, which has a great lense, as pocket camera and that functions very much as the FTb. My "modern" camera, Canon T70 from 1984, is nowadays used for colour only.

Well, that was a lot about cameras, but rest assured that I keep my fingers crossed for the survival of Ilford's analogue products!

Shooter
    35mm
    Any sign of the powders chemicals from ILFORD?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite40
    Any sign of the powders chemicals from ILFORD?
    I rather thought that you were going to tell us?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dave,

;-)

No based fact, just the ordinary net rumour from a german forum where the german Ilford representative took part in and didn´t object to what a dutch dealer wrote - I know that they were engaged in dealing with several subcontractors such as Calbe Fotochemie (the former Orwo plant in Calbe) and Champion in the Uk.

According to Robert Vonk (the dutch dealer) Champion is in the game to take over the Ilford chemical portfolio.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    rjr,
    You can ask Robert here, he is a member of APUG.

Anne Marieke

Shooter
    35mm
    ......but as yet there has been very little progress with regard to Powdered Chemistry. This is still unavailable at the present time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Truly, only time will tell how things will become. But, I will be grateful for Ilfords endurance.

Shooter
    35mm
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]The information you have is wrong, I have been assured by a very good scource within Ilford that the powdered chemistry will continue to be made, in fact a new batch is being made at Mobberley now.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I don't think I was wrong - do you !?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    AP "Answers +" page 5 Feb 2005:

"A decision is expected in early February with regards to who will become the new owners of Ilford Imaging..."

"A source at Ilford has informed me (Chris Gatcum) that Ilford's own management buy-out team wants to continue with the current product lines if they become the new owners..."

"Unfortunately, there are other elements interested in acquiring the business, but not as a going concern. If this happens then Ilford as we know it may change..."

"I would like to think that this change would not happen overnight, but there are, at present, no guarantees."

Let's wish Ilford's MBO team every success in their negotiations.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin