Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,381   Online: 963

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pentax Auto 110

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never seen one... probably rummaging around old used camera stores.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    You will have to break the film cartridges. Once the film is out it is processed on a spool, just like any other roll film.
    True, but I remember reading an article about it back when it came out, and apparently the reels are a big PITA to load with the slithery length of film. The author had a cylindrical can (forget what type) that fit nicely down in a three or four reel (forget which) Nikkor stainless tank and he just taped the length of film in a spiral, emulsion side out and a dab of tape on each end, to the can then put it in the tank. The can displaced a lot of solution so a large amount wasn't required even though the tank was pretty large.

Might be worth a try if you can get some film but not the reels or have trouble loading them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

The way to go with them is to buy whatever old, expired, cheap film you can. Then empty the cassettes and reload them with slit 120, or 16mm movie film. You can get 110 reels and do your own developing in a standard Nikkor tank.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Where do you get spools for 110 film?

Jeff
    I process my respooled 110 in a Yankee Clipper II tank. It's a junky plastic tank, but the price of the tank (~$15) is a heck of a lot less than trying to find a SS tank for 110.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    You will have to break the film cartridges. Once the film is out it is processed on a spool, just like any other roll film.
    They can be opened without breaking, and can be reloaded and reused.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    They can be opened without breaking, and can be reloaded and reused.
    Actually the offical way to get 110 film out does not require opening the Cartridge. One uses a tool called a "Violator" (aptly named) to push on the backing paper through the Frame number window. This brings the film out through the exposure opening. When I used to do it, I used a Knitting needle.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    They [type 110 cassettes] can be opened without breaking, and can be reloaded and reused.
    The ones I got (different makes) seem to be ultrasonic welded together.
    Last edited by AgX; 10-18-2011 at 07:25 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered 4 rolls of Agfa 200x24 and a 10 pack of Agfa 100x12 that supposedly gives slightly red colors. They've arrived at my address in the states and my wife will be picking them up in a couple weeks so by next month I'll be putting my 110 into action!

I would actually be interested in learning how to slit film and reload it but I don't have a dark room and can't imagine pulling that off in my dark bag.
    If I were to borrow time in a dark room, can someone roughly describe the process and the tools needed.

I would be most interested in loading B&W film so I could develop it at home. Even if I don't have a reel, Roger's idea of a can sounds easy enough since I have a tall SS tank that holds two 120 reels.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by revdocjim View Post

I would actually be interested in learning how to slit film and reload it but I don't have a dark room and can't imagine pulling that off in my dark bag.
    If I were to borrow time in a dark room, can someone roughly describe the process and the tools needed.
    Have you made any progress with reloading 110 film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One of the last places to get 110 film.
    http://filmphotographyproject.com/store/film/110-film
    I also know that Blue Moon camera has a few freezer stored rolls of 110 too.
    They dow good work with developing and printing as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin