Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,672   Online: 965

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nice papers including bromportrait(?) The Unibrom definitely cool. AG Photo may be trying to carry it
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have no experience with Slavich paper at all but just from looking at Slavich's web page, I have reason to believe that they sell their paper directly, too. Might at least be worth a try if you really need this paper and can't get it from local suppliers ...
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ouch...Slavich Unibrom has look for lith that is hard to duplicate. Fomabrom is in the ballpark, but I really prefer Slavich. Hopefully, I can find a source in Europe to ship it. I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising Russian starts (are they already?) selling it on ebay.

Shooter
    35mm
    AgPhotographic's site in the UK say it hopes to offer a range of Slavic paper. Matt at Ag is a very go-ahead guy. Maybe he will report on the latest status.

The implication of Freestyle's announcement is that the import cost has suddenly risen to the extent that importation is no longer viable. I wonder what has caused this change?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the links Doug and Rudeofus. I hope they do find a way to carry it. I use the Unibrom 160 - double-weight matte, haven't tried the BromPortrait paper. I'll keep checking with them, as Maximus says, there may be more to it, hopefully no more red flags.

They could make the cost up with the consumer.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, it has already hit ebay.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
    Yes, hopefully one of our European Apuggers knows where and can send a link. I've had real good luck getting products shipped from the UK and they get here in the same amount of time.

Digitaltruth has the single-weight glossy in Grade#3 but I want the Double-weight matte. It's such a beautiful paper. A warm tone paper just won't work for this project.

oi
    Varya,

As of today, Freestyle still had some good stock of 8x10 and 11x14 DW matte. Probably won't last long...

Max

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I just found DigitalTruth has the double-weight matte today. I swear it wasn't there yesterday.

I am emailing them to find out if they will still be carrying it or if it's a run out not to be replaced thing like Freestyle. I have spent the entire day searching and no one in Europe can I find that carries it.

Their website has an email address to order but I won't give my cc info through an email.

Will keep posting any news. As of now, I have about enough stock to last 3 months.

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like Digitaltruth is now carrying ALL glossy and matt Slavich papers. I just checked!! :-) This must be a brand new arrangement. They have the 160 Unibrom in Matt/Glossy and the Bromportrait 80 as well! SWEEEEEEET!

Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
    Yes, hopefully one of our European Apuggers knows where and can send a link. I've had real good luck getting products shipped from the UK and they get here in the same amount of time.

Digitaltruth has the single-weight glossy in Grade#3 but I want the Double-weight matte. It's such a beautiful paper. A warm tone paper just won't work for this project.

oi
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Looks like Digitaltruth is now carrying ALL glossy and matt Slavich papers. I just checked!! :-) This must be a brand new arrangement. They have the 160 Unibrom in Matt/Glossy and the Bromportrait 80 as well! SWEEEEEEET!
    I just saw that too! I swear it wasn't on their site yesterday, this is fantastic news. I will post as soon as I get an email response of continuation.

Keep fingers crossed.

APUG Portfolio

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin