Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,594   Online: 914

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    So it is expensive but not prohibited. Freestyle via Ilford/Harman can presumably do it less expensively than Freestyle via Slavich or so Simon Galley has to hope for the future .

Slavich as far as I know still exports to the rest of Europe including the U.K. We in the U.K. must trust Slavich's shipping point more or maybe it is all transported via the Channel Tunnel.

Not a problem for me but I still think that the basic reason hasn't yet been "drilled down to".

I always thought that shipping via ships wasn't a problem terrorist-wise. and if it isnt bombs then what else is it and what has brought about new restrictions

It's normally only the "silver birds" that give concerns of that nature

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About an hour or two ago I ordered my first two boxes of grade #2 from Freestyle so I could try Bromoil. Two hours later I read this post. Un-F*ng believable! So what else is left?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well it seems Slavich paper is still left. Just that nobody can figure out why Freestyle says it's too expensive to import. Given Kodak's dire straights we're now importing all of our b&w photo paper from overseas. So what gives with Slavich? Or Freestyle? Or both?

Simon can do it.*

(Not saying there's not a good explanation. Just wondering what it is...)

Ken

* Well, Harman can. I don't think Mr. Galley himself trudges to post office every morning with pallets of shipping crates in tow...

"They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

—Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Could you find another distributor?

There is a place called Laser Reflections in Poulsbo, WA that sells Slavich holography plates. Perhaps they could be enticed.
    BREAKING NEWS.....

I contacted Laser Reflections and spoke to Bernadette who said they can import to the US Slavich photo paper!!! Give them a call/email to discuss what you would need and they can work to get it in their routine holographic order:

Laser Reflections

WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!! Thanks Holmburgers for the tip too! Bromide paper lives on in the States.....
    Last edited by zsas; 01-18-2012 at 05:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: fix link
    Andy

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Ilford Galerie grade 2

I have had a hundred sheets of 16x20" grade 2 Ilford Galerie brought in by Rae for more printing of my English Littoral portfolio

Ilford are running this stock out, but I was informed they will gladly restart if sufficient quantities are ordered - Perhaps Simon can comment on this possibility - I love/loved Ilford Galerie graded paper for for its subtle dove-grey mid tones
    Last edited by John Austin; 01-18-2012 at 06:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Slavich Unibrom grade 3 availale here: www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was able to get a pretty big batch of Slavich from freestyle just now. Just call and ask what they have left.

Great stuff indeed, I am stockpiling quite a lot of double weight matte grade 3.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jba Photo

No we are not running out this stock, GALERIE grade 2 and 3 are part of the range, we do not drop anything from the product line as is.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    zsas, wow, that's awesome! Thanks to you for following up on the tip; you did the necessary leg work.

They should be nice to deal with and I suspect that if they could become the sole or primary US importer of Slavich, they might introduce a substantial segment of business for themselves, at least, that'd be nice.

Is Freestyle still importing it, or do they just happen to have some remaining stock?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I was told by Freestyle that when stock is gone, it is the end.

I emailed Slavich who also confirmed the ending of the importation of Slavich via Freestyle

BUT Laser Reflections can still get it, spoke to them yesterday!!!!! Woo hoo!! Give them a call email to discuss, very nice folks!
    Andy

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin