Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,852   Online: 1028

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quick note about Gallerie. During my years of lab printing we used primarily Multigrade fiber and RC. Every once in a while we'd get specific requests for Gallerie. I was always impressed with the image quality, the matte surface seemed less veiled. Also the paper stock itself, it didn't curl as much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fortunately, I was able to buy 10 boxes of 8x10 matte from Freestyle and hoard it. Great to know it can still be had elsewhere. I absolutely love this paper for certain looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Jba Photo

No we are not running out this stock, GALERIE grade 2 and 3 are part of the range, we do not drop anything from the product line as is.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Now Simon, if Ilford EVER stops production on Galerie paper (both g2 and g3) I am going to have to stage a 'sit-in.' Then I will know, the world is truly coming to an end as I know it... drastic measures will have to be sought.
    I'm not kidding... it's my main paper and the creme de la creme of papers.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like Freestyle does not have the matte finish any longer, but does have glossy. Maybe the matte has been discontinued? Simon didn't mention surface finish.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Looks like Freestyle does not have the matte finish any longer, but does have glossy. Maybe the matte has been discontinued? Simon didn't mention surface finish.
    Ilford Galerie is glossy only.

Years ago Ilford had their 'Ilfobrom' paper available in surfaces such as stipple, but not these days. I have a couple of envelopes of the stuff on my shelf. Some day I'll try it out to see if it's still any good.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Ilford Galerie is glossy only.

Years ago Ilford had their 'Ilfobrom' paper available in surfaces such as stipple, but not these days. I have a couple of envelopes of the stuff on my shelf. Some day I'll try it out to see if it's still any good.

Ah, I see - VaryaV jumped from talking about Slavich (in matte, and before quoting Simon) to Gallerie after quoting Simon. Lost me for a minute there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm, freestyle seem to still list Slavich papers on their site:
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_sea...33&catsel=all&

Has anyone tried ordering from them lately? I just printed some landscapes on Bromportrait and it came out wonderful, love the surface texture of that paper.
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helinophoto View Post
    Hmm, freestyle seem to still list Slavich papers on their site:
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_sea...33&catsel=all&

Has anyone tried ordering from them lately? I just printed some landscapes on Bromportrait and it came out wonderful, love the surface texture of that paper.
    They are still shipping whatever stock they have left. If they list it, they have some, and if if they are low on stock, it will say so. For whatever is worth, I have contacted Slavich directly and received a couple of responses. Prices are good but shipping to the US would amount to about $25 per box of 25 sheets double weight, 11x14. If there are import duties on top of that, it may put the cost of a box at more than double what Freestyle is selling now and that's a deal killer. Unfortunately, so far it doesn't look good for Slavich in the US, and I sincerely doubt anyone else would step in and import here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusM3 View Post
    Unfortunately, so far it doesn't look good for Slavich in the US, and I sincerely doubt anyone else would step in and import here.
    Are you seeing the above comments about Laser Reflections?? They're already an importer for Slavich holographic plates, and as zsas discovered, they're willing to import the paper.

Quit moping y'all and give them a call!...

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Now that Freestyle has stopped distribution, we have arranged to import Slavich papers for our shop (thevintagephotoshop.com). Tell us what you want and we will order it. We will order 1-2 times a year, or as needed. Our next order goes in this coming week so let us know ASAP if you want something particular. We will carry all Slavich types, but not all the available sizes. Contact: 312.278.1144 or info@aastudioschicago.com

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Ps. Forgot to mention. We have been importing specialty paper from Slavich for 2 years now. It comes via Air. No problem at all! Customs, brokerage fees and shipping are not cheap, but there are no import restrictions on Russian photo papers. Shipping chemistry about the globe is a different story all together.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin