Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,080   Posts: 1,635,594   Online: 870

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I am thinking of combining a shipment from Slavich if there is enough demand. I even have a base in Moscow (my sister's house), in case direct shipping is not economically feasible we could try send small batches with friends and family.

They would consider cutting it to our more familiar sizes (8x10 or 11x14) if the order is large enough, so the paper is easier to position in our easels. But for the beginning we would probably have to deal with their market's sizes.

The goods list: It seems Slavich (http://www.tdslavich.ru) has no English catalogue, but basically they have two types of paper: Unibrom and Bromportrait-80 (there is also one called Berezka, but I have no idea what its qualities are). Their many sizes are in cm (9x12,10x15,13x18,18x18,18x24,24x24,24x30,30x30,30 x40,...) Unibrom is a cold toned paper, Bromportrait is warmish.

The surfaces for Unibrom are glossy or matte; for Bromportrait we have matte, glossy, and glossy "silk embossed" (my portrait favourite, a very nice textured surface).

Contrast grades 2,3,4 (Russians call these semisoft, normal and contrasty, but they roughly correspond to the Ilford grades 2-4).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Now you can see here www.newslavich.com.. site is filled

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smaragd View Post
    Now you can see here www.newslavich.com.. site is filled
    thanks,
    I use this for bromoil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I haven't dug too deep here... but if we can buy old Fed and Zorki cameras from "nobody people" successfully on e-bay from the old USSR. Has or why hasn't anyone bought directly from the factory?
    I run a shop, I'd be willing to do a $1000 order if some of you actually intend to buy some.
    Last edited by vpwphoto; 03-21-2013 at 10:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I asked the Slavich factory and they quoted the paper cost pretty cheap but shipping was through the roof high, they said $400-$500+.

With that said, I have begun to order Unibrom from Laser Refections, in WA. I hope to get my order in a few weeks.
    See below, Bernadette has a price list on their site too

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...flections.html
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    I just ordered Slavich Unibrom grade 4 in 11x14 25 sheets double weight matte finish from B&H. It seems they now supply this paper. It said it was shipped direct from the manufacturer. However the shipping said from Wyoming not Russia. Any way I am excited to try this out for Lith. I have always wanted to but never did when Freestyle carried it and it seemed a bit difficult to source for awhile. Prices are very reasonable as well!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    slavich is awesome paper almost rivals lodima in many ways..please give this a try!
    best,peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    slavich is awesome paper almost rivals lodima in many ways..please give this a try!
    best,peter
    Peter,

I have heard that Slavich Unibrom is a bit like Agfa Brovira. What do you think? I've always wanted to try this stuff out, glad to see that it is available again.

Thanks...

Mike Sullivan
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is the "BP" shown in the listings for this paper? My first thought was it had something to do with weight but the SW is listed as 160 BP while some of the double weight is also listed as 160 BP while some is 80 BP.

What am I missing here?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the "BP" identifies it as "Bromide Paper". Their Bromportrait paper carries the same designation. I believe these may be the last true bromide papers on the market, now that the Kentmere Bromide has (I think) been discontinued by Harman?

I've used the Unibrom paper a little. Still have some of all three grades in my darkroom. Used Ansco 130 developer and selenium toning. I thought it looked really nice.

But it did seem noticeably higher in contrast per grade than I was used to. More like 3, 4, and 5 instead of 2, 3, and 4. I just diluted the 130 more.

The current ISO range numbers say this shouldn't be the case, at least when compare to the Ilford Gallerie data sheet, which still lists all four grades, but that was my impression.

As I recall it does require a deep red safelight. I use 635 nm LEDs filtered through Rubylith.

[Edit: See post #82 on the next page...]

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 01-24-2015 at 12:38 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added [Edit]...
    "There is very limited audience for the arty stuff, and it is largely comprised of other arty types, most of whom have no money to spend because no one is buying their stuff either. More people bring their emotions to an image than bring their intellect. The former are the folks who have checkbooks because they are engineers, accountants, and bankers—and generally they are engineers, accountants and bankers because they are not artists."

— Amanda Tomlin, Looking Glass Magazine, 2014

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin