Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,464   Online: 957

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Got hammered for this observation eleven months ago,

From a 12/08/2010 post:

[INDENT][I]
    "So did anyone else notice that Kodak Plus-X film has now been relegated to also-ran status on Kodak's Professional Black & White Films webpage?

"It's now listed way down at the bottom under the heading "Other Black and White Films" along with T-MAX P3200, and now merits only two lonely sentences of product information description.

"I wonder why that is?"
    I made the same observation about a year ago. Nobody commented. You are very observant and very intuitive!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wondered a bit when I saw Ken's original comment on this but put it off to his antiKodak bias
    (JUST KIDDING!!!)

Haha Ken, just pulling your missing hands

This is sad news, I learned on Plus X when I had to talk my professor into it because TMX was required by the Photo 1 program where I studied.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Wonder what will happen with the MP plus-x?
    It was discontinued a while ago, mid-2010.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I made the same observation about a year ago. Nobody commented. You are very observant and very intuitive!
    Truth be told Brian, I wish that hadn't turned out to be the case.

The ironic thing is, with the benefit of hindsight my guess would be that the reason Plus-X was so relegated was that Kodak had probably just then coated the final runs. They knew it, but we didn't. We were just making educated guesses.

If true, or even just close to true, it makes you wonder what other Kodak films are already dead men walking...

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Truth be told Brian, I wish that hadn't turned out to be the case.

The ironic thing is, with the benefit of hindsight my guess would be that the reason Plus-X was so relegated was that Kodak had probably just then coated the final runs. They knew it, but we didn't. We were just making educated guesses.

If true, or even just close to true, it makes you wonder what other Kodak films are already dead men walking...

Ken
    Go to the Industry News forum and read the thread on more rumor mongering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Haha Ken, just pulling your missing hands
    Bruce! Haven't you seen? In yet more proof that Sean is the world's finest Web Admin, he has graciously upgraded his software such that poster hand amputations - both self-inflicted and group-inflicted - are now scoped down to the individual thread level. Just look under My APUG > My Account > General Settings and click the Thread Level Amputations Only radio button. I'm here to tell 'ya, it works!

(Sean... you 'da man!)

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Very sad; very sad, indeed.

But I love thier honesty:

"While there is no direct replacement for PLUS-X 125 Film, you may find ILFORD FP-4+ — the world's finest–grained black-and-white film, to be a reasonable alternative. "

Not quite sure about that.. I already figured sometime ago that Plus-X supply had dried up and moved to T-max 100 and Paterson FX39 1:9-1:14 combo ..and I can't complain.
    cheers
    Dominik
    http://distantmoon.pl

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd say I am not surprised but I am a bit sad that it's gone. The I-told-you-so guys are probably feasting on jellied eyeballs and beer right now.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    Not quite sure about that.. I already figured sometime ago that Plus-X supply had dried up and moved to T-max 100 and Paterson FX39 1:9-1:14 combo ..and I can't complain.
    I agree.

Jeff

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    I'd say I am not surprised but I am a bit sad that it's gone. The I-told-you-so guys are probably feasting on jellied eyeballs and beer right now.
    I'm surprised our friends haven't graced this thread with their good presence yet.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin