Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,068   Online: 971

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford Art 300 fiber paper

I just tried this paper and I find it absolutely wonderful! I thought I would die when the Foma chamois 542 (original) was discontinued. But this is a really good replacement, even if the color isn't the same.

I only hope it will not go away too soon, before I have a chance to stock up. If anyone out there is listening, I'd like to suggest making some in the chamois color like the foma, with the same ilford art texture.

Or tell me how to bleach/tone to get that color

~cheers,

Dorothy

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder about tea toning. This image from the gallery is in my favorites. I thought it was chamois paper from the thumbnail.

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...atid=favorites

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    that is nice! Thanks for sharing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here in Poland it is more than 3 times more expensive than Foma papers ... But if I decide to give a try: should I develop in Ilford multigrade developer, or maybe in Moersch ECO 4812? I like warmer colors in my final prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    I just tried this paper and I find it absolutely wonderful! I thought I would die when the Foma chamois 542 (original) was discontinued. But this is a really good replacement, even if the color isn't the same.

I only hope it will not go away too soon, before I have a chance to stock up. If anyone out there is listening, I'd like to suggest making some in the chamois color like the foma, with the same ilford art texture.

Or tell me how to bleach/tone to get that color

~cheers,

Dorothy
    It has only been recently introduced, so I don't think it will be going away just yet.

It's a paper I have yet to try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darko - warmer tonality can be achieved with FX-31 (the Paterson ACU paper developer). I'm yet to try the ECO4812... cheers. D.
    cheers
    Dominik
    http://distantmoon.pl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    Darko - warmer tonality can be achieved with FX-31 (the Paterson ACU paper developer). I'm yet to try the ECO4812... cheers. D.
    thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Ethol LPD 1:4 for warm tone papers. It's the texture here that is so wonderful. Like watercolor paper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My first prints with this paper are in the final wash right now (Ilford warm-tone developer 1:9, toned in Harmon Selenium toner 1:6). I'm in love, at least based on what I have seen with the wet prints :-)
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This paper also wow'd me. I picked some up, for Canadian posters, from Rob Skeoch/Big Camera Workshops...very easy to print with, even some of my tougher negs.
    The surface is beautiful, and I especially like how midtones and darker shadows represent (that may just be me, I don't know). I used regular Dektol but want to try with Ilford's terrific Warmtone developer.

This paper is a big, big winner.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin