Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,602   Online: 1191

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just curious, Umut: do you want these lines to create diffraction patterns with light? What's the line width you want to create?
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It can be done on any film type. I've done color pos, color neg, B&W neg and B&W pos. Contact me via PM if you want, I can do it (with help of my friend and his LVT!)
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Rudeofus ,

Yes , I want to create diffraction by the slits. I read a research at Philips Research where they were doing the same at television monitors for to create the all visible spectrums of the scene. Slits were calibrated with artificial muscles and the problem was high energy consumption. Thet had been published a paper which discuss the slit engineering but it is deleted from the web . I have to write them and request the same article.

I have the Autochrome dyes list and I contacted with Sigma to get the curves.

I have 3 plans : First , creating the slits , second creating a color positive and third creating a code at Photoshop Lab.

tjaded :

Thank you very much indeed. As you see , it will take a while to collect all information. Than there will be a need of creating the file. I will pm you by the way.

Thank you ,

Umut
    Istanbul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Yes , I want to create diffraction by the slits. I read a research at Philips Research where they were doing the same at television monitors for to create the all visible spectrums of the scene.
    Just to be sure: in order to get significant diffraction you need line width somewhere in the order of the wavelength of the light you want to diffract. Are you 100% certain you can achieve this kind of line width with common photographic film? Remember, Tech Pan was supposedly 200 lp/mm, which means single line width of 2.5 µm. Also note that laser beam width won't shrink much below the wavelength of its light.

All hope is not lost, though. Semiconductor manufacturers use special photo resist coating and UV masks to achieve structure width way below 1µm. This is not going to be cheap though as far as I remember, but might work substantially better for your experiments if you can get the materials.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well if you have an LVT made with 2.5 micron pitch and you just focus that down by a factor of two...

Anyway I have access to an e-beam writer (res ~20nm!) and a UV photolithography setup (res ~300 nm) if LVT resolution isn't sufficient But LVt will probably be fine.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Rudeofus , Keith ,

Thank you for the technical advise. I thought that if Philips succeed to create a television monitor , I could do the same . But I think its too difficult or hot to handle. I have put the idea , if someone finds a better way , I would be happy.

I contacted with Sigma again in Istanbul to get the spectrum curves. Someone told me about Photoshop LAB and curve transfer in to it but I looked to tutorials and I want to ask that is it possible to carry whole dye spectrum to LAB or is it not too precise ?

I did not see a autochrome with my hands but all I see are web pictures and may be done by photoshop.

Umut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin