Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,007   Online: 753

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    OMG! 50 cents! C'mon...
    Last time I bought Acros in 120, it was 50 rolls, so 50c makes a bit of a difference.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by segedi View Post
    Last time I bought Acros in 120, it was 50 rolls, so 50c makes a bit of a difference.
    If you can afford 50 rolls at $3/roll...No one said this would be getting any cheaper. How long will 50 rolls last you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OMG! 50 cents! C'mon...
    50 cents on a $2.99 product is a 16.7% increase. Considering that the annualized rate of inflation in the US is 3.5%, that is almost 5 times the rate of inflation.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    50 cents on a $2.99 product is a 16.7% increase. Considering that the annualized rate of inflation in the US is 3.5%, that is almost 5 times the rate of inflation.
    And your solution is? Though down now from late summer highs, silver still isn't giveaway priced. Less selection, higher prices, lower demand seem to be the parameters facing film manufacturers/consumers. Welcome to the new reality.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I never liked Fuji color negs, Kodak are technically much better; however I prefer Fuji slides than Kodak ones.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And your solution is? Though down now from late summer highs, silver still isn't giveaway priced. Less selection, higher prices, lower demand seem to be the parameters facing film manufacturers/consumers. Welcome to the new reality.
    And it certainly isn't related one bit to the exchange rate trend of Dollars vs. Yen .... oh, no, can't be, since such an explanation wouldn't fit well enough into the "(slide) film is dying" meme
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    And it certainly isn't related one bit to the exchange rate trend of Dollars vs. Yen .... oh, no, can't be, since such an explanation wouldn't fit well enough into the "(slide) film is dying" meme
    Pull the other one. What accounts for Kodak price hikes?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a strong perception that 5x4 sheet film will be the first facing the axe by Fuji. There is just not enough demand there on a global scale. It's one reason I did not invest in 5x4 by 'looking into the future'. I don't see what there is to argument about Fuji vs Kodak in this thread. Both have their merits and will travel well, it's falling demand in the film market that is causing more concern.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    try paying $7 per roll of 120 Acros and $.50 will look like peanuts

btw, Acros is $3.20 at BH

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I love me some Acros and will be sad if it gets more expensive but frankly, it's crazy-cheap in 120 at the moment compared to everything else of even remotely comparable quality (TMX, Delta-100). What I don't understand is why it's so expensive in 4x5 and why Fuji doesn't sell 50-sheet packs of any of their films.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin