Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,850   Online: 1004

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sad to see it increase but aside from color sheet film (which IS awfully expensive no matter how you slice it and processing makes it more do unless you do it yourself) materials for photography aren't that expensive compared to many other hobbies. I lack for enough time for photography much more so than for affording materials though I do sympathize with students and young adults as I well remember being in the opposite situation.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Sad to see it increase but aside from color sheet film (which IS awfully expensive no matter how you slice it and processing makes it more do unless you do it yourself) materials for photography aren't that expensive compared to many other hobbies. I lack for enough time for photography much more so than for affording materials
    +1 to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    though I do sympathize with students and young adults as I well remember being in the opposite situation.
    To be honest, when I was a young adult and a student, I had no access at all to any of these pro films. Cheap consumer film was what I got and what I could barely afford.

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    What accounts for Kodak price hikes?
    It must take a lot of imagination to think that Kodak might source some of its precursor materials internationally ...

To all, who complain about the "high" price of photographic materials: Given the current Dollar to Euro exchange rate: US$3.50 for a roll of Acros 120 is laughably cheap compared to what we pay here in Euroland. The cheapest offer I could find so far is equivalent to US$ 4, and it's more towards US$ 7 if I buy from the local brick and mortar shop here. And no, I did not notice any price hikes here recently. I could imagine that all these "price hikes" are just US prices adjusting to international prices after the Dollar has been very weak for quite a time now.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin