Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,818   Posts: 1,581,645   Online: 815

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DHW is very responsive to emails. I just had an FW serviced and got very prompt replies to every query.

Shooter
    35mm
    The description in the link says:

They feature a renowned Zeiss-licensed, Rollei-built 80mm f/2.8 Planar lens and incorporate center-weighted TTL lightmetering with a viewfinder read-out and the capability of TTL "Off-the-Film" flash exposure.

This "Zeiss-licensed, Rollei-built" stinks a bit of marketing lie to me. Isn't it much more likely that the lens are very well built by Zeiss themselves? That wouldn't detract at all from the qualities of the camera in any case.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    They lost that license for the lenses and now call their lenses Apogon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    The description in the link says:

They feature a renowned Zeiss-licensed, Rollei-built 80mm f/2.8 Planar lens and incorporate center-weighted TTL lightmetering with a viewfinder read-out and the capability of TTL "Off-the-Film" flash exposure.

This "Zeiss-licensed, Rollei-built" stinks a bit of marketing lie to me. Isn't it much more likely that the lens are very well built by Zeiss themselves?
    No. Indeed most of their lenses have been built by themselves in their factory. And some of the designs were built under license. I've been there on two factory tours some time ago and I've seen their lens production there.
    And as Dennis said, now the Zeiss license has not been extended, therefore the Apogon name.

Best regards,
    Henning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin