Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,786   Online: 868

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    I think the lack of response to this in comparison to products like Kodachrome is a strong stark reflection of why this beautiful material must be discontinued.
    FWIW, I will be ordering a last batch of paper and chemicals from my regular supplier soon.

I think it's great you are offering your customers the possibility to pre-order stock. It's also a good thing that Ilford Switzerland offers this opportunity, this last run, the chance to stock up. Of course we would have been happier if it wasn't the last run, but at least we are given a chance to stock up. That's something.

Good luck.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Large Format
    These news have been so largely anticipated by Ilford Switzerland's poor marketing...
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/8...les-drive.html
    ...that they don't even have the power to depress me anymore.

Ilfochrome is passing from being virtually unavailable for amateur photographers and artists, to truly unavailable to all. A formal change indeed.

@ Kraker: there's nothing to stock up. Paper expires very quickly and gets unusable with colour casts impossible to control, and chemicals even when sealed new last few months before being as effective as rotten water. I strongly suggest you to buy what you can use in few weeks (pray it's fresh stuff and not warehouse leftovers...) and then say goodbye.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Gilardetti View Post
    @ Kraker: there's nothing to stock up. Paper expires very quickly and gets unusable with colour casts impossible to control, and chemicals even when sealed new last few months before being as effective as rotten water. I strongly suggest you to buy what you can use in few weeks (pray it's fresh stuff and not warehouse leftovers...) and then say goodbye.
    Sorry, but this does not match my experience. I used a batch of chemicals & paper in the course of over a year, and while color balance did shift quite a bit, the results were still good after color adjustments. The bottles were opened for at least half a year before the chemicals were used up, and both chems and paper were stored in a cellar with temperatures of about 20°C and high humidity. Changing color balance is not nice but not a show stopper either, people who look for ease of use and convenience should get a smart phone instead.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    people who look for ease of use and convenience should get a smart phone instead.
    If you go ahead insulting this way people who began using Ilfochrome when it was still called Cibachrome, and that spend most of their time carrying on their backs dozens of kilograms of photographic equipment, that keep their head for hours under dark cloths in full summer midday sun and that pass evenings loading their Riteways in total darkness, I can easily figure YOU will have a smartphone as your only friend pretty soon.

Why take it that way when you're free to follow nobody's advice and rush to stock up hundreds gallons of chemicals and racks of paper?

If you pay postage, I can send you all the CIBA/Ilfochrome leftovers I may find at home for free, for what they're worth. I think I still have a sealed P-30P kit somewhere.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you go ahead insulting this way people who began using Ilfochrome when it was still called Cibachrome, and that spend most of their time carrying on their backs dozens of kilograms of photographic equipment, that keep their head for hours under dark cloths in full summer midday sun and that pass evenings loading their Riteways in total darkness,
    I did not mean to insult you but I have seen too many postings here on APUG about how slide film, large format photography and some darkroom processes are no longer viable because some things are harder to get or more difficult to do than they were in the heyday.
    I can easily figure YOU will have a smartphone as your only friend pretty soon.

Why take it that way when you're free to follow nobody's advice and rush to stock up hundreds gallons of chemicals and racks of paper?
    Speaking of uncalled for personal insults ....
    If you pay postage, I can send you all the CIBA/Ilfochrome leftovers I may find at home for free, for what they're worth. I think I still have a sealed P-30P kit somewhere.
    Done deal. Send me a PM with your cost estimate and IBAN/BIC and we should both be happy campers soon I am especially interested in the P30 kit.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin