Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,405   Online: 713

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Some Kodak changes...

Nothing too new here, mostly changing single rolls over to pro-packs. 8X10 shooters may want to stock up while you can. Odd, I thought E100VS was going to be totally discontinued, this makes it some good news...
    Attached Files
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    wow already discontinuing ektar in 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems only Portra and Ektachrome are left in Kodak 8x10. TMY is still listed on B&H's web site with a 245 box minimum order - and no quantity discount ... $18,000 / $7.35/sheet.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Freaked me out when it has Tri-X 120 discontinued - it is only the individual rolls discontinued, you just have to buy a 5-pack to get it.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Kehler View Post
    Freaked me out when it has Tri-X 120 discontinued - it is only the individual rolls discontinued, you just have to buy a 5-pack to get it.
    I still don't think that can be a good sign. Better keep the demand up for those pro packs.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So there will be no slower speed bulk Kodak 35mm B & W film available regularly any more (both T-Max and Plus-X gone) .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nope, only special order only... :-(... saddest is TXP-320 and Ektar in 8x10 special order only. That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    So there will be no slower speed bulk Kodak 35mm B & W film available regularly any more (both T-Max and Plus-X gone) .
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw a bunch of discontinued Kodak items on a clearance list in my last package from freestyle. This answers my questions on why they were on the list. Bummer to see the changes but I buy at least 5 rolls of tri-x at a time anyway.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Lofgreen View Post
    I saw a bunch of discontinued Kodak items on a clearance list in my last package from freestyle. This answers my questions on why they were on the list. Bummer to see the changes but I buy at least 5 rolls of tri-x at a time anyway.
    Freestyle also often busts up Pro Packs to sell individual rolls. They do this with Acros. Not sure if some agreement with Kodak prevents that.

Discontinuation of Tri-X in 120 is one thing I fear more than other film discontinuances.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin