Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,416   Online: 918

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just checked with my 'vacation planning administrator' (read 'wife') and it looks like she has us booked for Disney in June and Michigan in August so I'll have to miss Photostock again this year. Perhaps someone going the the Photostock would like to trade and accompany 4 screaming kids to Disney....how about for a cash reward?? Maybe free film??

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    I just received a PM introduction and request from “Mykola Shynkaryk from Columbus, OH. I would like to join NE OH Gathering on May 12. I am new to LF and to Ohio too.”

Mykola welcome to our party. Thank you for sending all the information requested. I returned directions on how to get here from Columbus. Please tell the group about yourself, what brought you to Ohio and your photographic interests. At our event you will meet film shooters from several states, shooting many formats from 16mm to 7x17 and many steps in between.

If anyone else is reading this, wondering if they will be welcome, please send me a PM and introduce yourself. You will be welcome.

John
    Thank you again for the invitation. I am newbie in LF photography. So far just shoot and developed several sheets of 4x5 film. So I am looking forward to meeting you folks to take a look on your prints and talk about LF.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dan Henderson writes that he will be coming up from VA Friday and staying until Sunday. Glad you are coming Dan. He will be camping, which brings up the question of who else will be camping?

I’m guessing Dorothy, Jeff and Eva, Chris, Lee L, Mat, maybe Shawn, but I don’t really know. We have plenty of space. Who will be camping?

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mat Marrash offered to do a carbon printing demo this event. Trying to figure out a schedule, I asked him for details. He wrote:
    “Friday night (~1hr) I'll be giving a quick overview of how to make carbon tissues,
    with finished examples of both "glop" and pre-poured tissues (to save two days time). On Saturday (~2hrs), I plan on going over sensitization, exposure, and developing the finished single transfer print. The only preparations that I need to make will be access to your UV exposure unit, 1 tray of 50 degree "dead water" (distilled or normal that has been left out a few days), 2 other 11x14 trays, access to water over 120 degrees, and a drying rack or two. Earlier in the year, I'd mentioned the possibility of needing to come a day early to make a test strip with your UV unit, but if I plan ahead, I should be able to do a "test strip" transfer print Friday night while giving the overview.

Hope this helps outline things a little better. Look forward to seeing you next weekend!

-Mat”

Thanks Mat.
    Some obvious questions are, will everyone be here Friday who wants to see the first part of the Carbon printing demo? With possibly 22 people at the event, how many want to see the demo? Is there enough space in our basement for that number to see? Do we need to think about shifts? Talk to us please so we can plan, rather than disappoint.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    Love to see the demo on friday. I should leave town about 4pm, at best with traffic that puts me in about 8pm so don't wait on me. If I can cut away from work early I will.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I’m guessing Dorothy, Jeff and Eva, Chris, Lee L, Mat, maybe Shawn, but I don’t really know. We have plenty of space. Who will be camping?

John
    We will be camping with the little trailer. We would love to see the demo, but won't be in until 8-9 on Friday unfortunately.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Charlie's (W) new wet plate camera is in. He says he will be with us Friday. I am looking forward to seeing that.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My coach, teacher, mentor, the lady who has pushed me to do that print over and over again until it was right, my favorite professor, Penny Rakoff will join us. She is especially interested in seeing Mat’s carbon printing, Charlie’s new wet plate camera and the albumen prints Charlie and Mat plan to make. Penny will be teaching an alternative processes course this fall at U Akron. I took a shorter version a couple of summers ago making 7x17 Vandykes. I hope to be making contrasty negatives all summer for the coming course.

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Because of the number saying they are coming, the interest in Mat’s demos, the limited space, we are try to put together two shifts of demos that will include carbon printing, Charlie’s new wet plate camera and albumen printing. We are also trying to factor in shooting time, ice cream time, time to show prints and good conversation time over great meals. Has anyone considered staying a week? We plan to print a tentative schedule with the best balance we can figure. Each person of course will then make their own choices within that. An abundance of choices is a new and exciting problem. Thank you all for the interest and contributed effort.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan Henderson writes that he will be coming up from VA Friday and staying until Sunday. Glad you are coming Dan. He will be camping, which brings up the question of who else will be camping?

John
    hate to put you off, but I guess it depends on the weather. today was nice and warm, tomorrow? I'm guessing I will at this point, but don't know what time etc.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin