Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,609   Online: 830

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dorothy,

Don’t worry about a cold night. We have a new three year old lady Labrador who is very snuggly. Just be sure the one you get is all light yellow. The mixed color ones with the big fluffy tails are the coyote.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jeff Bannow: Do you know anything about this (Durst 8x10 enlargers going in the dump in Detroit): http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ng-to-the-dump!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Jeff Bannow: Do you know anything about this (Durst 8x10 enlargers going in the dump in Detroit): http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ng-to-the-dump!
    Didn't see that thread - if you need me to pick up some parts and bring them down let me know.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello all, including Jeff, Jeff, Lee & Lee -

First, I'm glad I saw a reference to ice cream. Always need ice cream.

Second, I won't be there on Friday, so don't worry about me getting in the way of any demonstrations. Might be one too many Jeffs anyway.

Finally, John, I'm glad you invited your teacher. Our office has a few of her photographs in our collection - dating back to the time when our offices were in Quaker Square.

Can't wait for next weekend!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    John I am a little late to the party but I was not sure of my schedule until now. Is there room for one more to your get together next week?

I have recently moved to Columbus from Texas, have been a film shooter for a loooong time, medium format mostly. I am sending a PM shortly with contact/emergency info.

Robert

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Robert,

Welcome. The Cuyahoga Valley National Park has 33,000+ acres. Making room for you shouldn't be a problem. I will look for the PM.

We can offer camping in our back yard or motels within five miles. The party starts 5 PM Friday. You are welcome any part of the weekend that you can make it here. How can we help?

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks John, all the info in your PM will get me there.

Look forward to meeting everyone next week.

Robert

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Tentative Schedule, May 11, 12, 13th

Mat is going to give us two carbon printing demonstrations. One Friday evening and a second Saturday afternoon. This is to accomadate the number of people coming to the event, late arrivals and the limited space in my darkroom,

Friday: Meet here as early as 5 PM or when ever you come to town
    Mat will sensitize the carbon. This needs to dry so the second part of the demo will start about 8 PM and go to 10 PM. During the drying period 6-8 PM, I suggest we have pizza dinner at the Powers’ place. Then look at prints. The dark room is available if anyone needs to load film holders or has a camera emergency.

A good pizza source is: Teressa’s Pizza 4174 Wheatly Rd. Richfield, OH - 330-659-9555. Please bring your own pizza and beverage. For those coming in on the Turnpike, we are exit 173. Terresa’s takes 15-20 minutes to produce pizza depending on the crowd. You might call ahead and pick up your pizza on the way in. Teressa is in the little shopping area at Wheatley and Brecksville Rd.

9AM Saturday meet at our house and see who is going where. The Fry Farm Museum is 1.4 miles NW on Southern Rd. I will take a group there and show you around. The Cuyahoga Valley National Park is two miles east of us. There are three waterfalls within five miles. Lee L has kindly built and maintained a Google Mapbook with most of our previously visited locations. https://sites.google.com/site/neohapug/ I will have paper maps put out by the Cuyahoga Valley National Park CNVP. We can help you find things if needed.

4 PM Saturday Mat will start sensitizing carbon for demo #2. He expects this demo to continue to 7 PM. He will also be making an albumen print from Charlie’s new wet plate camera.

7 PM Saturday we will go to Musketeers Bar & Grille, 3027 Brecksville Rd, Richfield, OH. Tel: 330-659-4111. Leave our house going east toward Brecksville Rd. Turn left at the stop light. Musketeers is less than a mile on the right.

After dinner return to the house to look at prints.

Sunday morning shoot early or sleep in. 10 AM meet for a group brunch at Richfield Family Restaurant 4793 Brecksville Rd, Richfield, OH 44286 tel:330-659-9862.

11 AM Sunday return to photo projects. You are welcome at our house until 5 PM. Have a safe drive home. Thank you for coming to the gathering.

John & Dolly Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks like I will be able to make it to this session. My sister will be in town to care for Aged Relative, so I should be able to hang around for most of the show. Maybe I shouldn't have said that ...

Thanks for continuing to put these events on, John. They are always great fun. See ya'll on Friday.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Glad you are coming and especially that you can take some time off as care taker. Happy to have you here.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin