Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,323   Online: 987

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The local weather for the weekend looks GOOD!!!
    A nice range of lighting for all your photography.

Fri. Sunny High 68 Low 50 Chance of rain 0%

Sat. Partly Cloudy High 74 Low 54 Chance of rain 10%

Sun Cloudy High 65 Low 53 Chance of rain 30%

Source Weather.com for Richfield, OH 44286

It looks like we are going to have a few more people than chairs. If you want to be sure you are not standing when the music stops please bring a chair that can stay outside. Please put your name conspicuously on the chair in case we find it Monday and need to know who to thank.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    It looks like I will be able to make it to this session. My sister will be in town to care for Aged Relative, so I should be able to hang around for most of the show. Maybe I shouldn't have said that ...

Thanks for continuing to put these events on, John. They are always great fun. See ya'll on Friday.
    Hey Nick! Through the years, I've heard bits and pieces about your Darkroom Automation gear, but have yet to see any in person. If you have the time, would you mind bringing with you a version of your Pyro meter? I'm a visual and hands-on kind of guy, and am looking for a way to smooth out my printing with pyro negs. Most of the time, printing is easy as pie, but there's always one or two of the bunch that look "okay" but vary wildly come printing. Either way, look forward to meeting you Friday!

@John With all this nice weather, any chance you might be bring out the BIG guns this weekend? You've already got a volunteer Sherpa for most of the 7x17 gear should you decide to use it.

P.S. Have you tried 7x17 x-ray film yet? I'll be bringing some x-ray film samples, it's pretty good stuff, and the price for 100 sheets is what you'd pay for ~3 of a brand name emulsion.
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    John thanks for the info packet with map. Gives me a good overview of the area, lots to explore.

I have my chair packed and ready.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The web page I keep as a resource for these gatherings is at:

https://sites.google.com/site/neohapug/

There is a Maps page, and clicking on "View APUG NEOH public in a larger map" below the 'summary map' opens google maps with the area, the spots I've put on, and shows a list at the left. You can click on a place in the list and a text box pops up on the map showing the location and address/contact info for that place.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mat4226 View Post
    Hey Nick! Through the years, I've heard bits and pieces about your Darkroom Automation gear, but have yet to see any in person. If you have the time, would you mind bringing with you a version of your Pyro meter? I'm a visual and hands-on kind of guy, and am looking for a way to smooth out my printing with pyro negs. Most of the time, printing is easy as pie, but there's always one or two of the bunch that look "okay" but vary wildly come printing. Either way, look forward to meeting you Friday!

@John With all this nice weather, any chance you might be bring out the BIG guns this weekend? You've already got a volunteer Sherpa for most of the 7x17 gear should you decide to use it.

P.S. Have you tried 7x17 x-ray film yet? I'll be bringing some x-ray film samples, it's pretty good stuff, and the price for 100 sheets is what you'd pay for ~3 of a brand name emulsion.
    Mat,

Before you were old enough to come to our events Nick did a weekend of demos with one of his units. Several attendees purchased and still say good things about his products. Unfortunately I already had one from the competition before his demos took place. Nick is welcome to use the darkroom to show & tell, but will there be enough time left over for that with your two demos?

I will be glad to do a 1 on 1 shoot with you of the 7x17 sometime or set it up if folks want to see it. Usually at these events I guide people around and pick up pieces as help is needed. Dolly teaching first grade is a magnificent multitasker. I am a complete failure at it. I do one thing and then I do the next. In this case that usually means I forget something like stopping down the lens while trying to help others and waste the rather expensive sheets of film. It is now $ 9.05 a sheet and I always bracket, usually making the same mistake twice. It is also difficult for me to compose without full concentration. I will be starting a new series with the 7x17 after this event, have made a list of places I want to shoot and would love the company and the heavy lifting some time when you are available. Peter and I often go to a site together, talk about it and then shoot 8x10 alone. The guest room is available for you, no flooded tent needed. For me this isn’t the time to do it as a group thing.

I haven’t tried x-ray film. Certainly the pricing looks good.

John
    Last edited by jp80874; 05-09-2012 at 01:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    The web page I keep as a resource for these gatherings is at:

https://sites.google.com/site/neohapug/

There is a Maps page, and clicking on "View APUG NEOH public in a larger map" below the 'summary map' opens google maps with the area, the spots I've put on, and shows a list at the left. You can click on a place in the list and a text box pops up on the map showing the location and address/contact info for that place.

Lee
    Thanks for doing this Lee. For folks that don't have a notebook to take with them, I have hard copy maps put out by the Cuyahoga Valley National Park CVNP. They should be in a stack on the glass table by the pond or just inside the door on a dog crate. I just stole a handful after yesterday’s hike. If you need help locating something ask anyone who has been here before.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Mat,

Before you were old enough to come to our events Nick did a weekend of demos with one of his units. Several attendees purchased and still say good things about his products. Unfortunately I already had one from the competition before his demos took place. Nick is welcome to use the darkroom to show & tell, but will there be enough time left over for that with your two demos?

John
    No problem John, I was more or less just looking for a little one-on-one where I could ask Nick some quick questions about the Pyro meter. Hearing that he's demoed them before with success gives me even more confidence in the product. Another demo is certainly something that we won't need after this weekend.

Regarding 7x17 shooting, just let me know the when and where!

Now it's back to the darkroom to get more carbon supplies ready for Friday.
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Lee.

Robert

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Frank Pittel and I will be making the Gathering. I have perused Lee's map and it looks like I have to go to Cleveland and photograph St. Theodosius (I have an onion domed church fetish!) See you all Saturday morning..Evan Clarke

Mat, I'll have my 11x14 with me...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    So glad you are coming. Be sure to go inside St. Theodosius. It is absolutely stunning. Lee L, his wife and Dolly and I went to dinner around the corner from there, great Turkish food, the night of Mat’s “dapper” show. It was Orthodox Easter. The church was open and gorgeous. 12 onion domes on top. Be sure to try the door. We thought it would be locked, but were happily surprised.

Istanbul Turkish grill 2505 Professor Avenue Cleveland, OH 44113 (216) 298-4450 grillistanbul.com

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin