Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,924   Posts: 1,522,113   Online: 759

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It being 10 PM here, Wednesday evening, I have just come in from taking the Girls for their evening stretch. It occurred to me that I should mention to those of you who do not have three 65-75 pound dogs about the house, that though the sky is beautiful, the trees are green and the pond is lovely; when you are walking, your eyes should be where your feet will next step. We have paper towels by the roll, but look where your feet are going and you will be happier.

The ever gracious host.
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    132 posts on this thread! Should be a good event, looking forward to seeing everyone Friday and Sat! I loaded some 4x5 film holders, but I am like John, in my limited multitasking ability and am hard pressed to both chat and catch up with friends and produce masterpiece works of art at the same time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking forward to it. Jeff Scott and I will carpool to limit the number of cars in John's driveway.

Also, John- hope I can steal a few minutes in your darkroom Saturday morning to load some holders.

Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lost one. I am disappointed to say Dan Henderson had to cancel

Gained one. Loren Sattler of Toledo asked to join us.

Looking forward to seeing you Dale (ic-racer).

Lots of old friends and new people to meet.

Jeff thanks for the car pooling. You are welcome to use the darkroom any time after 9 AM. Since you know the way to Fry’s farm we may take who ever is ready over to the farm. The Frys are expecting us between 9:30 and 10 AM. We won’t rush you. You can join us when ready. When rushed I always try to put film in upside down and sideways.

I just mowed a long parking strip beside the driveway by the second house.

Someone asked what we use for mosquito protection. We invite lots of people over who stand around talking. It reduces the odds that we will be bitten.

We have had very good luck with “OFF Deep Woods Towelettes 25% Deet.” We buy the little packets in boxes at the grocery store. I am guessing they are also sold at sporting departments or stores. I have been using them for hikes and photography ever since Bill Schwab recommended them for the 2007 Photostock.

Got to go mow some grass. We have good company coming Friday.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Some requests:

The grass across the drive from our house belongs to my mother in-law. It is so wet from the rains that I was unable to mow it. The garden tractor sank in. I have put up posts and yellow tape to avoid tearing up the yard when parking cars. Please drive down the gravel drive to the next house. I have mowed the edge of the field across from the next house so that you can parallel park then walk up to our house.

Savannah the Labrador that used to swim, jump, bring you a stick, ball or apple to throw is now 13. On pure adrenalin she will jump around for you, but collapse when you turn your head. Please pat her, let her have her dignity, but don’t throw things for her. There are two other younger girls that will be happy to wear you out.

We have a lot of poison ivy around here, not just the three leaves and a thread of a vine you know about. Our poison ivy or poison something can have vines up to two inches thick and leaves as large as your hand. Don’t go in our woods. If you realize you have touched three leaves of any size you supposedly have 15 minutes to wash it off with soap. We have a bar of soap above the kitchen sink that is supposed to be for poison ivy. Come use it please. No promises, but it might help.

Have a great time. Be careful out there and enjoy.

John & Dolly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I spend a few minutes looking for John's schedule in a prior post. Here it is Post #118 for those that may have missed it or need the information: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1339950

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I spend a few minutes looking for John's schedule in a prior post. Here it is Post #118 for those that may have missed it or need the information: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1339950
    looks like I have some catching up to do on my reading!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm afraid I haven't had much time for extra prints to show, so if you are able please check out my images in the gallery. the doll pics are a real hit. (sorry about the self promotion but what the heck )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    TODAY !!!

Excited, one more day at work and I'll roll up that way right afterwards. I actually have some prints to share from my large format portrait class.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djkloss View Post
    looks like I have some catching up to do on my reading!
    Come on over. We will tell you all about it.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin