Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,572   Online: 1085

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    will see you in time to go to the farm stuff museum.

Lee
    Meet our house 9 AM

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    0300 Charlie your my hero. Where will you go shoot first thing Sat, tell me where and when, I,d like to join you.

John, made it to the hotel (marriott, Montrose) will see you in time to go to the farm stuff museum.

Lee
    Lee,

You are welcome to join me for sure, however I am NOT getting up at 0300 tomorrow! I will be meeting at John's at 0900 and probably do all my shooting at the farm museum starting around 0930.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Made it to the hotel, going to Tremont for first light and will see you folks at 9A.M...Frank and Evan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Now there is a twist. You talking sense to her???? So Sorry. Miss you both. All the more ice cream for us though.

John
    I'm as surprised as you are.

Hope to see you all soon.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jeff, We are all heading to to Country Made in your honor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wheelihan View Post
    Jeff, We are all heading to to Country Made in your honor.
    No fair!
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well don't worry... We got there too late, they were closed.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We can all go to the Country Maid Sunday after brunch. They open at 11 AM.
    We will toss one down for the Gipper.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    One of the happiest moments of my 63 years of photography was to take twenty some Apug photographers from five states to a place where I have made 100 images in the last 1 ½ years. Then as they ranging from amateur to pro, 35mm to 11x14 format, spread out, finding the subjects I had found, I got to watch their faces light up, their excitement build and their mouths flap as they discovered what a wonderful source this was. I wandered from guest to guest reveling in their delight as they set up equipment and compositions, watched their friends do the same, and wonder if they could make this picture and get to the next before the beautiful light changed. Then I watched our host, the builder of this 1800s farm museum, fall in love with Charlie’s wet plate gear, completing the give and take circle of happiness.

If that were not enough for a wonderful day, two of my three Labradors took advantage of their freedom and the commotion of the party. They took a hike. Only the kindness of an unknown couple, two miles away, saved the day as they lured the girls in with biscuits, called the phone numbers on their collars and waited for the jailer’s wagon to bring the runaways home.

Thank you for this day.

John Powers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks to John and Dolly for hosting another great event. I really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting the new guests. Like John, I had a blast at the farm. Matt- sorry I had to cut out before the "mating", but I thought the demo was great as is your enthusiasm. Thanks again to everyone.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin