Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,547   Online: 1027

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll add my thanks as well. It was great to catch up with the 'regulars' and to get to know the new folks who came. I really enjoyed seeing all the new work shown, Mat's demos, Charlie's wet plate setup, etc. John and Dolly deserve more thanks than we can offer for repeatedly giving us a venue to do all this.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John and Dolly, thanks for having the event. You attract a fantastic group of photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best times ever. Thank you Dolly and John, you all are wonderful hosts
    Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't say enough what a great weekend I had. I have come to look so forward to these gatherings. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting new friends. Thanks John and Dolly for always welcoming us all into your home. I love seeing you and the girls, even though they got some unplanned exercise. Pleas say thanks again to Jim for welcoming us to his wonderful piece of photographic heaven. And thanks again Mat for your demonstrations they were great!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had such a wonderful time. Meeting all the new people and seeing old friends. I didn't even screw up my film. Matt, I just developed the APX 25 you gave me and there is no fog! They look beautiful wet, I hope they print as well. I used Rodinal 1:50 for 10 minutes - interesting that it is the same for APX100. It's nice when things go the way they're supposed to. It's always good to see what others are doing as well.

What a fantastic weekend! Thank you so much John & Dolly and everyone else.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Finally made it home! It was great to see everybody again and I'd like to thank Dolly and John for their hospitality. Frank and I found a lot of wonderful things in Cleveland, the farm was excellent and we even found a couple things on 303 to photograph as we were leaving Richfield this morning. Hope to see you again soon....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    John and Dolly thanks for hosting a great weekend. Thanks to all for a warm welcome to the group. I look forward to the next get together and seeing all that was produced at the farm.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I *knew* I would regret not abandoning my son to his birthday, my daughter to her college commencement and my wife and mother to Mother's Day. *Sigh*
    When Frank and Evan called as they passed Elkhart, wondering whether they should stop and pick me up, you don't know how close I came...

Sounds like everyone had a good time: congrats again John, Dolly & the blondes!

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too had a great time on Saturday. Thanks again, John and Dolly.

Each time I take fewer photographs because I enjoy the friendship more. I think I only took 7 or 8 pictures between the 4x5 and 35mm.

Looking forward to the next meetup and to seeing folks in between.

Jeff

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you for all the positive comments. Dolly and I are so happy you enjoyed the event. We certainly did enjoy it and you. We would like to have another event end of July or early August. What can we do to make the next event better? Is there anything we are doing that needs improvement or elimination? Does anyone have some thing or process they would be willing to demonstrate? Does someone want a demonstration of something? Perhaps someone else could help put it on.

Please bring prints of our trip to the Fry’s farm. When you are printing, please make an extra copy for Jim Fry. I know it is a little extra trouble, but he has really made an interesting place and this is a small fee to pay if you are already making a print. I just gave him 43 prints of mine from the last six months. He is hoping to have an exhibition at some point and is very grateful for prints. He sees them more as documentation than fine art, but if it makes him happy we have free access.

Thanks for coming.

John & Dolly
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin