Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,857   Online: 844

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    BIG thanks to John & Dolly for hosting yet another successful NE OH Meetup. Though a very long weekend, many good times were had. ^__^

Special thanks to Peter for bringing more beautiful vintage examples of alternative process prints. In combination with the demonstrations, they certainly highlight the finer aspects of each alt. process.

Thanks to Lee for bringing that Bessa R3-A with trigger winder. I'm now actively searching for a trigger wind camera. >__<)

[Edit]Oops, almost forgot to thank Nick for bringing his Darkroom Automation gear along and giving me the 5-minute course on calibrating my film and paper combination.

It was great seeing everyone this weekend, both friendly faces and new acquaintances. For those bringing along prints, thank you for your hard work and time, they were all a joy to look at. Looking forward to seeing some of you again very soon at Photostock 2012! Now off to develop the weekend's B&W work.
    Last edited by mat4226; 05-14-2012 at 09:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Additional thanks! ^__^
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    What can we do to make the next event better? Is there anything we are doing that needs improvement or elimination? Does anyone have some thing or process they would be willing to demonstrate? Does someone want a demonstration of something? Perhaps someone else could help put it on.
    “Perhaps someone else could help put it on.”

I received a question that told me I should clarify the above. I am not bowing out of running these gatherings. I love it. I am hoping that if someone wants a demo, that someone else will know how to do it and volunteer. I do B&W film, Pyro developer, silver or Vandyke printing. I do not feel capable of demoing Vandyke yet. To demo anything else we need a volunteer such as Peter’s platinum and Mat’s carbon demo.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many thanks again, John, for putting on a wonderful weekend.

And many thanks to all the people who came. I come to these events for the company more than for the opportunity of taking pictures. The best part of Fry's Farm was wandering around looking at the photographers, much more interesting to me than a century's worth of hay-rakes.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    “Perhaps someone else could help put it on.”

I received a question that told me I should clarify the above. I am not bowing out of running these gatherings. I love it. I am hoping that if someone wants a demo, that someone else will know how to do it and volunteer. I do B&W film, Pyro developer, silver or Vandyke printing. I do not feel capable of demoing Vandyke yet. To demo anything else we need a volunteer such as Peter’s platinum and Mat’s carbon demo.

John
    John,

Depending on the time of year, I wonder if we could energize a younger new crop of photographers with demonstration on how to use our cameras. I do not know if a Boy or Girl Scout Troup, year round school, artist group or such might benefit from mentors in clasic camera use, but might be worth a thought or two. Photography is bigger than an iPhone, but that is all some may ever know with out a mentor who is willing to share their knoweledge.

Thank you and Dolly again for giving us all a common bond and blessing us with your hospitality.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    That is an interesting and generous thought Lee. However I know from personal experience that there are people within the 20 who attended that are struggling with how to use their equipment and processes. I was thinking that within our group we have people who have tried alternate processes and different styles of cameras. Dorothy and Dale have worked with Lith, but I fear for what the lith waste may do to the well water Dolly and I drink. So I ask again what demos can we incorporate that would be of interest?

Several of us are attending Photostock at the end of June. Perhaps there will be some ideas there. Then of course we have to find someone willing to come to one of our events who can do that.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is an interesting and generous thought Lee. However I know from personal experience that there are people within the 20 who attended that are struggling with how to use their equipment and processes. I was thinking that within our group we have people who have tried alternate processes and different styles of cameras. Dorothy and Dale have worked with Lith, but I fear for what the lith waste may do to the well water Dolly and I drink. So I ask again what demos can we incorporate that would be of interest?

Several of us are attending Photostock at the end of June. Perhaps there will be some ideas there. Then of course we have to find someone willing to come to one of our events who can do that.

John
    I would not mind re-visiting the idea of a Lith demo. The only unique thing in my lith process is the developer and paper. The stop, fix and wash are any usual chemistry and there is no toner. In fact I pour all my chemistry back into bottles between printing sessions anyway and can easily collect the spent developer. The developer does have a strong odor. Smells like the air that comes out of an old tire.

If we did do the demo, I have a box of 5x7 Resin Coated lith paper to use. The RC develops faster (4 min instead of 12 min) so it makes for a better demonstration. The following are done on the RC paper, you can see its not to shabby. No toner, that is the color they come out with standard processing.

Last edited by ic-racer; 05-15-2012 at 10:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for all the positive comments. Dolly and I are so happy you enjoyed the event. We certainly did enjoy it and you. We would like to have another event end of July or early August. What can we do to make the next event better? Is there anything we are doing that needs improvement or elimination? Does anyone have some thing or process they would be willing to demonstrate? Does someone want a demonstration of something? Perhaps someone else could help put it on.

Please bring prints of our trip to the Fry’s farm. When you are printing, please make an extra copy for Jim Fry. I know it is a little extra trouble, but he has really made an interesting place and this is a small fee to pay if you are already making a print. I just gave him 43 prints of mine from the last six months. He is hoping to have an exhibition at some point and is very grateful for prints. He sees them more as documentation than fine art, but if it makes him happy we have free access.

Thanks for coming.

John & Dolly
    I'll have to really think about that one, John. I've only been doing bromoil since January and hardly feel qualified to do a demo. But I could maybe show the brushes etc. Someone asked me about doing a demo or talk at the local college, so this could give me some practice. I will give it some thought. There are other ways of dumping waste water... take it back home in a big 5 gallon jug or something.

Matt & Jeff, we went to the Aperture Studio today after we went to the Rembrandt Exhibit at Cleveland Art Museum, and I picked up some b&w and color polaroid film for the rb67. I hope I can find instructions somewhere, perhaps on the internet. I got the fugi 100c and 3000. What a kool studio! Sorry I missed your show.

Thank you all for the "photo buzz" I'm still riding on cloud 9

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dale,
    Nice images. Really like the church one and the leaves too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i would be very interested in seeing a Lith Demo...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    i would be very interested in seeing a Lith Demo...
    I would too...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin