Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,865   Online: 833

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome to Apug and our event. I of course have been reading of your adventures on The Midwest Large Format Asylum forum. PM me your contact information (name, address, phone #) and an emergency contact and I will be happy to send you directions to the event. If you have any questions feel free to ask either in the privacy of a PM or get other’s view by asking in the thread.

Welcome,

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Of possible interest to locals. The annual (NOBS) Northern OH Bibliographic Society’ s Akron Antiquarian Book & Paper Fair will be held on Friday, April 6, 2012 and Saturday, April 7, 2012 at the John S. Knight Center, 77 East Mill Street, Akron, Ohio.
    This is just a couple of blocks west of the Akron Art Museum. The Fair will be Friday 3:00 pm to 8:30 pm and Saturday 10:00 am to 4:00 PM

Probably 50 book dealers will be there. Each year I have found more good looking photography books than I could afford. Dolly agrees.

John
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All,
    In this weeks Shywrighter (Local newspaper) there was an interesting item. The Ohio Camera Collectors Society is now accepting consignments for its annual camera auction on May 25. Call 419-674-6718

Might be an extra outing to go to the auction, or a place to unload that uber-clean 100 year old camera you have been holding onto.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for reminding me Lee.

In Gatherings past we have offered “for sale” items. What I think has worked best was if individuals posted what they might offer. Then if someone posted an interest the seller felt it was worth packing up that item and driving it here. The reverse might work, where someone posted a “wanted to buy” wish and others said they had that item or something similar and would bring it. That I’m guessing is more of a long shot, but if it works, great.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format

A Photography Show for the NE OH Locals

Hey everybody! If you can't wait until John's next gathering to see some LF work, you can always stop by Aperture Tremont this coming Saturday night and see my latest show (details below).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dapper-1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	781.9 KB 
ID:	49136

Dapper – A Distinct Photography Show - opens at Aperture on April 14th.
    This outstanding show will feature the work of Mat Marrash, who you may know from the Film Photography Podcast. Mat’s show at Aperture is a documentary exhibit on the world’s second oldest profession, barbering. Mat toured the Northeast and Midwest in search of old-school barbershops, and shot his images with an Eastman Commercial B 8×10? camera. He then meticulously processed and printed each image in the darkroom, by hand. He used Ilford HP5+ film, and all the prints were made on silver gelatin fiber paper, then selenium toned for archival permanence.

This are some of the most unbelievable images we have seen in a very long time. Mat even made a special trip to the Barber College in Ohio City!

Dapper will run from April 14th to April 28th, with an opening reception/party on April 14th. Aperture’s opening receptions are always a blast!
    The Facebook event page can be found here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6909169947_0e0b76345d_z.jpg  
    Co-Host of The Film Photography Podcast, the bi-monthly internet radio show all about film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got bored here at work and started to day dream about being out and taking photographs and missing my APUG friends. Looking forward to see you all soon at John & Dolly's.

And the thread seemed to get cold for a couple of days. So, "made you look!"

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I will make the trek as well.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mat4226 View Post
    Hey everybody! If you can't wait until John's next gathering to see some LF work, you can always stop by Aperture Tremont this coming Saturday night and see my latest show (details below).
    Hey Mat. I am really looking forward to seeing this. Dolly, Lee, Barbara and I are coming. Hope some others from the group will come. Now where was it that I packed away my tuxedo to wear for the opening?

John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Got bored here at work and started to day dream about being out and taking photographs and missing my APUG friends. Looking forward to see you all soon at John & Dolly's.

And the thread seemed to get cold for a couple of days. So, "made you look!"

Lee
    Keep the enthusiasm coming Lee. It snow balls.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AnselAdamsX View Post
    I think I will make the trek as well.
    Glad you are coming back. Glad it is worth the trip. PM me if there is any change in your contact or emergency contact info.

John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin